SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

And that would be the end of recruiting. Do you really think the folks coming up want to wait behind another class. This would do much for balancing the 4+ stars across the NCAA’s...

I don't know how it will play out. I just said it's possible for Gaber to play 5 years.

5 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

I don't know how it will play out. I just said it's possible for Gaber to play 5 years.

Oh I get it, I was just musing about what will happen. Seems to me that across the NCAA, top end talent will be moving about for a variety of reasons (none scholastic) and if movement ‘out’ slows down, the incomes will do the same thing. If a team is heavy on good defense and nobody is leaving, incomers might look elsewhere..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

For next next year I would assume? Guess UND isn't good enough. What an odd deal. 

I believe so. Trades playing in front of the best college hockey fans to an audience of a handful of fans. 

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

I believe so. Trades playing in front of the best college hockey fans to an audience of a handful of fans. 

Are we sure this wasn’t initiated by UND?  Wonder the same thing about Halliday.   It would be interesting to know what went on behind the scenes in both cases.  

27 minutes ago, tnt said:

Are we sure this wasn’t initiated by UND?  Wonder the same thing about Halliday.   It would be interesting to know what went on behind the scenes in both cases.  

Agreed.  And both were highly regarded when they committed and then trailed off a bit.
I'm interested to see how both do in college.

10 hours ago, tnt said:

Here's what the Herald had to say about the matter

UND felt the split was amicable and granted his release, according to the sources. That means Rizzo is back on the recruiting market. He will likely draw quite a bit of interest, considering not very many NHL draft picks are uncommitted.

15 hours ago, tnt said:

Me too. This could be the case. UND didnt have a ton of room this year however Halliday has had a decent start to his USHL season.

I will say this...every time a recruit decommits or has his scholly pulled, they rarely shine elsewhere.

7 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Me too. This could be the case. UND didnt have a ton of room this year however Halliday has had a decent start to his USHL season.

I will say this...every time a recruit decommits or has his scholly pulled, they rarely shine elsewhere.

Boeser and Stecher were awesome decommits

• Upvote 1