SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

who? have anymore context? 

Puck Preps said it best, Chesley has been the U17 team's best defenseman so far this season and is the top 2004 defenseman recruit still uncommitted. I think for a D-recruit he'd be the Top 2004 Recruit overall though. Tied 3rd in scoring on the team with 15 points (4 G 11 A) in 12 games. He's elite. 

I realize there’s a transfer portal and the whole additional year of eligibility situation throwing everything up in the air, but does anyone else think we still need some defensemen for next year? I did the math and I feel like we need between 1-3 more defensemen for next year. Especially considering potential early departure flight risks. 

49 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I realize there’s a transfer portal and the whole additional year of eligibility situation throwing everything up in the air, but does anyone else think we still need some defensemen for next year? I did the math and I feel like we need between 1-3 more defensemen for next year. Especially considering potential early departure flight risks. 

Definitely. There are only two recruits currently scheduled (Morrow + Bast) and they are the only two that are eligible to come in (w/in reason, new Prep recruit won't be coming straight from HS). They lose at a minimum Bast / Kierstad / Rieger and most likely JBD / possibly Sanderson.

With like you said how weird of a year it will be with the additional year / transfer portal being like it never has and never will be again, having Roster spots available like UND does, is a very valuable commodity. The Rizzo Forward spot was not filled this year as well.  

12 minutes ago, AJS said:

Definitely. There are only two recruits currently scheduled (Morrow + Bast) and they are the only two that are eligible to come in (w/in reason, new Prep recruit won't be coming straight from HS). They lose at a minimum Bast / Kierstad / Rieger and most likely JBD / possibly Sanderson.

With like you said how weird of a year it will be with the additional year / transfer portal being like it never has and never will be again, having Roster spots available like UND does, is a very valuable commodity. The Rizzo Forward spot was not filled this year as well.  

Yeah. Everything I’ve seen indicate that Nate Benoit will play for Tri City in the USHL next year. He’d be age eligible to come in, but USHL will be better for his development. 

• 2 weeks later...