Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits


Recommended Posts

 yzerman19 Jr just made the Brick Invitational for this coming summer.  As a 2010 player, he’s keeping his options open for now, but he’s been in Sioux green since birth.  BU, DU, and UMD are also contenders, but I’m assured that Golden Gophers are not a consideration.  Although he’d be a good fit there now, as he can’t do real algebra.  

thought this was a good place to share this big accomplishment for the boy with my ss.com peeps with a little tongue in cheek on early recruiting.  

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No good place to put this anymore, but EGF elementary schools did some fitness testing last week . . . my 10 year old daughter did 13 more pull-ups than Casey MIttlestadt.

No...the equipment staff ran out of hyphens.

Beautiful job of highlighting red flag, in red. It really accentuated the overreaction.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

 yzerman19 Jr just made the Brick Invitational for this coming summer.  As a 2010 player, he’s keeping his options open for now, but he’s been in Sioux green since birth.  BU, DU, and UMD are also contenders, but I’m assured that Golden Gophers are not a consideration.  Although he’d be a good fit there now, as he can’t do real algebra.  

 

 

But can he do a pull up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, yzerman19 said:

 yzerman19 Jr just made the Brick Invitational for this coming summer.  As a 2010 player, he’s keeping his options open for now, but he’s been in Sioux green since birth.  BU, DU, and UMD are also contenders, but I’m assured that Golden Gophers are not a consideration.  Although he’d be a good fit there now, as he can’t do real algebra.  

thought this was a good place to share this big accomplishment for the boy with my ss.com peeps with a little tongue in cheek on early recruiting.  

 

Which region?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajries18 said:

Is Landon Parker on our list of prospective recruits? Scored 4 goals last night and leads EGF with 25 on the year.

Ya I’m sure he’s on our radar.  Single A (and all of MN HS hockey) is so tough to judge though. I have never seen him play before but he’s putting up good numbers.  I’d like to see how he does in juniors. His elite league numbers were subpar and his numbers last year weren’t great (considering the kids we typically go after). Probably one to keep an eye on though.  Local.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Ya I’m sure he’s on our radar.  Single A (and all of MN HS hockey) is so tough to judge though. I have never seen him play before but he’s putting up good numbers.  I’d like to see how he does in juniors. His elite league numbers were subpar and his numbers last year weren’t great (considering the kids we typically go after). Probably one to keep an eye on though.  Local.

What grade in school is he?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Ya I’m sure he’s on our radar.  Single A (and all of MN HS hockey) is so tough to judge though. I have never seen him play before but he’s putting up good numbers.  I’d like to see how he does in juniors. His elite league numbers were subpar and his numbers last year weren’t great (considering the kids we typically go after). Probably one to keep an eye on though.  Local.

Believe he has struggled with injuries much of the last 2 years and now he seems to be healthy this year and is putting up good numbers against a solid schedule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Believe he has struggled with injuries much of the last 2 years and now he seems to be healthy this year and is putting up good numbers against a solid schedule.

Ya I’ve heard that. I get skittish with HS numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

anyone to keep an eye on in the MN state tournament?

Jayson Shaughabay of Warroad.  Leading scorer for freshman in the state and second leading scorer for #1 in class A Warroad.  No inside knowledge, but I would hope we are the front runner for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, as15 said:

Jayson Shaughabay of Warroad.  Leading scorer for freshman in the state and second leading scorer for #1 in class A Warroad.  No inside knowledge, but I would hope we are the front runner for him.

He's got 2 goals so far. First one was gorgeous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 1:10 AM, ChadR said:

I know we can’t talk to Shaugaby yet but does anyone know his background? Does he want to come here?

No inside knowledge, but if you do a quick scan of who he (& his parents) follow on Twitter, UND is the only college team. I would say that's a good sign. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 5:31 PM, as15 said:

Jayson Shaughabay of Warroad.  Leading scorer for freshman in the state and second leading scorer for #1 in class A Warroad.  No inside knowledge, but I would hope we are the front runner for him.

Home schooled. Reportedly has taken a couple classes at HS this year. Reportedly nice kid. Large family. Related to former UND RB. Warroad lady with UND ties not sure if RB is older brother or cousin. She thinks Mom or grandma is a Marvin but not positive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...