SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 3/26/2021 at 10:44 AM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

What's the buzz on Landon Parker?

Don't know the buzz but every time I've watched him I've liked him. Believe this is pretty much the first full high school season he has been healthy for and he has been great.

I hope Karl is looking at these 3 goalies.

Kaidan Mbereko Started on the U17 NTDP now on the U18 NTDP from Colorado

Tommy Aitken Played on the U18 NTDP (2 games) and Bismarck Bobcats, also played for St. Thomas Academy

Chace Hale Called up to the U18 NTDP plays for Belle Tire U18 AAA team

11 hours ago, cberkas said:

Kukkonen and Batchelder are two to pull to UND

Kukkonen does not skate well. Last night against EP, I barely noticed him. Blake on the other hand...

Batchelder has all the tools, but he doesn't "see it" very well. Curious how a year in the USHL will do for him.

12 hours ago, cberkas said:

Kukkonen and Batchelder are two to pull to UND

Think Kukkonen has some connection to Michigan Tech and that helped the commitment, thought it was something like an Aunt is an assistant AD or something.

I really hope Batchelder opens up after the CC coaching change, he was a guy I really liked before he committed originally and he has continued to improve. Cade Arenholz is another guy from Lakeville South that has looked good that could open things back up.

4 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Think Kukkonen has some connection to Michigan Tech and that helped the commitment, thought it was something like an Aunt is an assistant AD or something.

I really hope Batchelder opens up after the CC coaching change, he was a guy I really liked before he committed originally and he has continued to improve. Cade Arenholz is another guy from Lakeville South that has looked good that could open things back up.

Kukkonen's older brother is committed the Michigan Tech

12 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Isn't is crazy that GRANT SLUKYNSKY from Warroad still hasn't scored a goal this year? A lot of people here were wondering why UND didn't offer him. (He's committed to Northern Michigan).

48 GP - 0-5-5

It has got to be difficult to weed out all the high scorers in high school whose skills might not transfer to the next levels.  I certainly thought guys like Slukynsky and Randklev would have put up better numbers in junior hockey than they did. We can just throw out names left and right that put up good numbers at different levels and wonder if UND should be recruiting them.  Then we get to cherry pick the ones that succeed and question why they weren’t recruited, while forgetting the dozens or more that fall off the map.  They only have a limited number of scholarships to fill certain roles, so they have done a pretty good job keeping the misses to a minimum.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if the coaches are looking at Noah Sardachny with Salmon Arm.  He is tied for the BCHL scoring lead as a 2003.  He seems to have nice hands and since his dad is a renowned Power Skating instructor, I would assume his skating would be a strength as well. When all this portal madness settles down it will be nice to see some traditional commitments.  I imagine now coaches don’t want to get too many guys in the pipeline if they can pick up a proven stud on occasion from the portal.

Coaches gotta be looking at Charlie Stramel.  The only uncommitted position player currently at the u-18s.  Twin Cities kid who is monster big and sees the ice really well.  Had an assist in yesterday's disgrace against Russia.      

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Coaches gotta be looking at Charlie Stramel.  The only uncommitted position player currently at the u-18s.  Twin Cities kid who is monster big and sees the ice really well.  Had an assist in yesterday's disgrace against Russia.      

Played a 3 game series in GF when he was a bantam with Rosemount against GF Aviators two years ago.  Big kid with lots of skill...Aviators swept the series and held him to a couple assists that weekend.

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Not sure why they didn't change the goalie in that game.

One of the goalies isn't committed

• 2 weeks later...

I realize you need the basic material to mold a great goaltender, but with Karl I think UND's situation is a little like UW's during the Howie years.   He can develop goalies beyond what might have been expected of them. 

That 04' NTDP class has been a bust for UND. 

Someone mentioned this in the not so distant past, but it seems recently that the Hawks have been ice cold with non-legacy (i.e. Blake) cities kids.