SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 1/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, Wilbur said:

Not sure how much his name has been brought up, but Sophomore Jayson Shaugabay had three points last night for Warroad.  I know he went high in the WHL draft, so they are always lurking, but the kid seems to be somebody the coach's would be aware of.

I would say last year his name was brought up as much if not more than any other Freshman in the State of Minnesota last year. I read an article recently talking about the WHL draft and his dad made it sound like he would be going the college route. Quick search of social media and it's clear from a fans perspective which team he and his family cheers for. Doesn't always translate of course, once offers start coming in. He'll be one of the most sought after 2005 recruits in the country. 

Going off MNHockeyHub, he has 4G 5A 9P in 2 games this year. 

Central beat East Side yesterday. A few familiar names in the box score. 

GF Central 7,

EGF Senior High 4

First period -- 1. EGF, Brody Schultz (Landon Parker, Jaksen Panzer) :26; 2. EGF, Parker (Trey Ausmus) 3:52; 3. GFC, Joey Kennelly (Dillon Kuntz) 16:29

Second period -- 4. GFC, Kennelly 3:13; 5. GFC, Braden Panzer (Kennelly, Chase Spicer) 6:42; 6. EGF, Parker (Caleb Schmiedeberg, Jaksen Panzer) 8:10; 7. GFC, Braden Panzer (Spicer, Joey Riskey) 15:40; 8. EGF, Schmiedeberg (Ausmus) 16:56

Third period -- 9. GFC, Kennelly (Kuntz, Spicer) :58; 10. GFC, Spicer (Braden Panzer) 2:49; 11. GFC, Kennelly 9:42

Goalie saves -- EGF: Chase Mero 6-7-4 -- 17; GFC: Kolby Elseth 8-3-9 -- 22

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Has UND offered Branden Panzer?

He's a heck of a little hockey player.  Huge compete level.  Reminds me a bit of Grant Johnson.  Junior hockey will be big for him.  I think you see him as uncommitted in the NAHL for at least a year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised UND doesn't have any commitments on the NTDP U18 team. 

All of the goalies are uncommitted 

Gibson Homer 6'5" goalie from Michigan 

Kaidan Mbereko 5'11" goalie from Colorado

Tommy Aitken 6'0" goalie from Massachusetts, played last season for the Bismarck Bobcats 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

A CC fan posted on one of the CC FB pages that the Tigers just lost a prized recruit and is going to North Dakota instead. He didn’t say the name of the player. Anyone know who he’s talking about? 

Carter Batchelder maybe?  Plays with Jackson Blake at Eden Prairie.  Not sure if he would be considered a prized recruit, but prized recruit might be different depending on where you are at with your program.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

A CC fan posted on one of the CC FB pages that the Tigers just lost a prized recruit and is going to North Dakota instead. He didn’t say the name of the player. Anyone know who he’s talking about? 

No idea but looking at the commits I would've loved for it to be Matt Gleason but seems a little late for that now. Wouldn't mind Ahrenholz, Batchelder, or Jensen but don't see any signs really with any of them. Don't really see any signs just scanning their commits social media.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

No idea but looking at the commits I would've loved for it to be Matt Gleason but seems a little late for that now. Wouldn't mind Ahrenholz, Batchelder, or Jensen but don't see any signs really with any of them. Don't really see any signs just scanning their commits social media.

Yeah, no sign of it, so who knows.  Maybe they were talking about Hobie Hedquist, but he has been struggling.

10 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Was Gleason on UND’s radar? I believe he suited up for the first time tonight for CC.

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Not real sure but I watched him a few times at Cretin and loved his game.

That’s a potentially good get for CC. With all the talk on the UND/DU game thread debating whether UND is dirty and chippy or has tough, hard nosed players, I’d say that CC could certainly use more size and toughness. They’ve been a pretty small and non-physical team during the Haviland era. 

20 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Cater Bachelder, Cade Ahrenholz. Ben Sanderson, Tristan Sarsland, and  Jonny Meiers are my guesses

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Says he's committed  to CC

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Yeah, but kind of like I said, Elite Prospects shows he’s not playing anywhere for the 2020-2021 season and during the NHL Draft,  Schlossman’s article stated he was a student at Montana State. 

On 2/13/2021 at 10:30 AM, Godsmack said:

That’s a potentially good get for CC. With all the talk on the UND/DU game thread debating whether UND is dirty and chippy or has tough, hard nosed players, I’d say that CC could certainly use more size and toughness. They’ve been a pretty small and non-physical team during the Haviland era. 

Gleason is tiny 

Could be batchelder...I’ve seen him play a few times and while he puts up points he doesn’t see it that well.

on a side note, Blake is putting up video game numbers right now and batchelder and holt are definitely the recipients of Blake’s play. He’s got eyes in the back of his head. Phenomenal player. Excited to see him develop. He did get hurt tonight though.