SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 2/12/2021 at 9:18 PM, Godsmack said:

A CC fan posted on one of the CC FB pages that the Tigers just lost a prized recruit and is going to North Dakota instead. He didn’t say the name of the player. Anyone know who he’s talking about? 

Hobie Hedquist

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'd be surprised if it was Hobie. He has been committed to UND for quite a while now.

That's what I thought too, but then I thought if a fan was just venting about the state of CC hockey and mentioning losing good recruits, he might have used that as an example of why they can't seem to get over the hump.  

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, tnt said:

That's what I thought too, but then I thought if a fan was just venting about the state of CC hockey and mentioning losing good recruits, he might have used that as an example of why they can't seem to get over the hump.  

I was thinking if they’re just now finding out about Hobie’s decommitment, they’re really behind... 

• Upvote 1

On 1/16/2021 at 1:58 PM, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

You are correct.  Magnuson was a winger.  Not sure why I thought he played defense.

Fester played defense, but only about 3/4 of the games that season.  Who am I forgetting?

You had it right the first time.  Magnuson played D that year.  In fact, if you add up the games missed by Stone, Whitsitt, Ludwig, Patrick, Fester and Zombo that year, you will see that those six defensemen missed 22 games, which is exactly the number played by Magnuson.  CHN also has Magnuson on the roster as a D-man that year.

4 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I was thinking if they’re just now finding out about Hobie’s decommitment, they’re really behind... 

Given the state of the program, I don’t see it being very easy to win too many recruiting wars with the more successful NCHC programs. 

4 hours ago, tnt said:

Looking at Heisenberg's list of CC recruits, I am trying to figure out who in the eyes of a CC fan would be considered a "prized" recruit.  

I think it’s in the eyes of the beholder. Clearly our recent crop of recruits haven’t been very effective so what might be a prized recruit at CC might not necessarily be considered a prized recruit elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I think it’s in the eyes of the beholder. Clearly our recent crop of recruits haven’t been very effective so what might be a prized recruit at CC might not necessarily be considered a prized recruit elsewhere. 

Didn’t CC have a highly rated class last year? 

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Supposedly. I guess we shouldn’t expect them to totally be lighting it up. Hopefully they’ll develop. 

Yeah, usually you might have one freshmen make an impact, but most of the time you need to count on upperclassmen until they come around. It doesn’t help that other than Cruikshank they aren’t getting a lot of help in that regard.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, cberkas said:

Snuggerud commits to Minnesota

With that name it was a gimme. 

I remember a Snuggerud getting "snuggies" from Ed Belfour back in the day. 

A Belfour snuggie involves the narrow blade end of a goalie stick and the region immediately below and behind an opposing player's protective cup. You stood on the top of Ed's crease and you got a :crazy: snuggie. It was named that because first time I saw it Dave Snuggerud was the recipient. :D 

PS - Ed would spend hours in his dorm room with a goalie stick working on speed, accuracy, and power for the technique. 

• Upvote 4

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/nhl-mock-draft-2021-sabres-snag-owen-power-at-no-1-kraken-take-luke-hughes-with-first-ever-pick/ar-BB1eL7yK?ocid=ientp

U of Michigan has 3 prospects projected in the top 6 of this mock draft. That's insane!  I don't see any UND recruits.  Who's our highest projected draftee for this draft?

1 hour ago, BrandonH61 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/nhl-mock-draft-2021-sabres-snag-owen-power-at-no-1-kraken-take-luke-hughes-with-first-ever-pick/ar-BB1eL7yK?ocid=ientp

U of Michigan has 3 prospects projected in the top 6 of this mock draft. That's insane!  I don't see any UND recruits.  Who's our highest projected draftee for this draft?

... and one more in the top six that hasn't arrived yet, unless Luke Hughes has since chosen to go the Major Junior route.  Managing a roster that will have that frequent turnaround has got to be tough, especially if many end up being one and dones.   I imagine communication on what their plans are is crucial in knowing what your roster is going to look like, but we've seen sometime the NHL teams can change their minds rather quickly.