SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

37 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

What’s the outlook with Charlie Strobel from Hill-Murray? We got a shot?

Seems like UND must at least be involved. A tweet of Charlie’s popped up on my timeline because Berry liked it. And Charlie is following coach Berry as well. Granted he could be following other coaches and stuff too, but still interesting either way and that’s the extent of my research

7 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

The chances of getting him doesn’t seem very high when he left one team to go play on the same team as his older brother, who is a Michigan commit.

They both left the same team to play for the same team.

Maybe an offer is there for his brother too. 

39 minutes ago, NoDakZ11 said:

What’s the appeal of playing for these B1G schools these days? Empty arenas, underachieving teams, weak conference with no titles, etc.. yet the Michigans, Wisconsins, and Minnesotas attract lots of high end recruits 

As a young kid, would you rather hangout on UND or UMN/UM campus? For a lot of kids, college hockey is just another step.

1 hour ago, NoDakZ11 said:

What’s the appeal of playing for these B1G schools these days? Empty arenas, underachieving teams, weak conference with no titles, etc.. yet the Michigans, Wisconsins, and Minnesotas attract lots of high end recruits 

In a situation like his, being a potential number one pick in the OHL draft, I would imagine schooling would have to be pretty important to go the college route, so that is something they have to offer.

1 hour ago, NoDakZ11 said:

31,000 girls between ages 18-22 on the OSU campus who have never seen a hockey player? 

9 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

31,000 girls between ages 18-22 on the OSU campus who have never seen a hockey player? 

And dont give a crap that they are a hockey player....

but maybe true i mean law of averages......

70% of those are undateable.... leaves about 9300 of those maybe 15% are puckintrested... so  maybe 1400.

At UND 6750 females ... rule of 70% leaves about 2050... at UND a solid 70%... giveRtake .....puckinterested .... leaves 1435.

UND wins. Just have to show the math on the big board in the team room.

11 hours ago, Sioux90 said:

As a young kid, would you rather hangout on UND or UMN/UM campus? For a lot of kids, college hockey is just another step.

I would say as a young kid, being the most popular on campus would be pretty appealing too. Probably a little harder to achieve that at those bigger schools with FBS football, etc. And if college is just another step, you’d think the facilities are pretty attractive too

• 2 weeks later...