SiouxSports.com Forum

UND in the mile high city.

Wilbur

4 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

I think they kinda mailed this one in.

I see where he was trying to go, but he didn't hit the mark. Apparently, DU fans think we're a bunch of unwashed knuckleheaded rubes that do nothing but hunt, tear stuff up and drink massive amounts of beer. 

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The premise had potential but the execution was poor.

1 hour ago, LuvHockey said:

Worst try at satire ever? Sad.  Used to be funny.

31 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

I think they kinda mailed this one in.

I think it's been 10 years of these same types of comments.  And it remains true.  I think we could copy/paste our responses to their posts without even reading them and it would be true every time.

Their "make fun of the rednecks in ND" was funny for a couple seasons when they first started.  They keep pushing the same premise but haven't hit the mark in quite a long time.

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I see where he was trying to go, but he didn't hit the mark. Apparently, DU fans think we're a bunch of unwashed knuckleheaded rubes that do nothing but hunt, tear stuff up and drink massive amounts of beer. 

Right? After all, only two of those three are true at any given time. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Anyone going? Looking for some tickets 

Good luck. DU jacked up the prices to levels I’ve never seen before. I believe I got the last set of tickets that we’re going for $51 a piece. The rest were selling face value at over $90 a piece. What sucks is, in order to get the cheaper tickets, I’ll have to sit right above the DU student section. Simple economics of supply and demand, I get it but man, $91 a ticket plus fees?! For two games of two seats each game, it’s more than what I paid for my CC season tickets! 

43 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I believe UND still heads out one day earlier than normal to give the players more time to acclimate to the elevation. Anyone know if they’re still doing this?

Why don’t they all just workout and sleep in the high altitude chamber at the Ralph, it would save money. ;)

27 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Listening to the pod cast UND has taken a major in the 5 series played in Denver in the Saturday game. And the 2 series were they earned points the night before has taken 2. 

I still remember one of those majors called on Cole Smith. His back was turned to the dumb*ss DU player who skated into him with his head down. 

• Upvote 1

Schmaltz will play, Albrecht still out:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/jake-schmaltz-set-to-return-for-series-at-denver

Schmaltz, one of UND's top defensive forwards, will return Friday night after a four-game absence for the showdown between No. 2 UND and No. 3 Denver in Magness Arena.

Schmaltz missed series against Miami University and Bemidji State with an upper-body injury he sustained Nov. 11 at Minnesota Duluth.

"He's all in," UND coach Brad Berry said. "He's going through full practice, full battle drills, full compete drills. He looks good. He's on his regular line."

Prior to his injury, Schmaltz had been playing with Dylan James and Louis Jamernik V on the third line.

The Fighting Hawks (11-2-1) will still be without one regular — forward Carson Albrecht.

Albrecht sustained a lower-body injury Friday against Bemidji State. He's not expected to travel to Denver.