SiouxSports.com Forum

UND in the mile high city.

Wilbur

37 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

She's a great addition to the broadcast team, never misses a beat and helps cover others' slip ups. Wonder if she has mixed feelings about working UND games after getting her start at Jan Brady.

Yeah, I think she's done a good job. 

3 minutes ago, Goon said:

I might have misunderstood you, but it wasn't a sweep. UND won the shootout, not the 3v3 OT. 

chrome-capture-2023-10-30.png

You missed the point. UND won in 3 on 3. Now, in the year 2023, 3 on 3 wins are considered actual wins. So if today’s rules were in effect back in 2019, it would have been a sweep.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

You missed the point. UND won in 3 on 3. Now, in the year 2023, 3 on 3 wins are considered actual wins. So if today’s rules were in effect back in 2019, it would have been a sweep.

UND did NOT win in the 3 on 3. It went to a shootout so the game is officially a tie whether it’s 2019 or 2023. 

6 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Colton Poolman had the game winner in 3 on 3. It did not go to a shootout. Not sure where you got that from. 

IMG_3550.jpeg

I mean I was at the series so I hope I’d remember haha that was a lovely OT goal by Colton and there were a lot of happy Sioux fans in Downtown Denver that night

6 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Colton Poolman had the game winner in 3 on 3. It did not go to a shootout. Not sure where you got that from. 

IMG_3550.jpeg

My bad. I got that from a box score on this site that showed no goals scored in OT. What the box score didn’t show was the 3x3 OT. I forgot that In 2019 they were still playing a 5x5 OT first then 3x3 (I still prefer that format). 
Whether you count a 3x3 OT win as a win (2023) or tie (2019) in your W/L record, you still get the same number of conference points. When is the last time UND swept all the conference points in Denver? 

1 hour ago, rochsioux said:

My bad. I got that from a box score on this site that showed no goals scored in OT. What the box score didn’t show was the 3x3 OT. I forgot that In 2019 they were still playing a 5x5 OT first then 3x3 (I still prefer that format). 
Whether you count a 3x3 OT win as a win (2023) or tie (2019) in your W/L record, you still get the same number of conference points. When is the last time UND swept all the conference points in Denver? 

78 B.C. - Julius Caesar was the Sioux captain. Debating an inconsequential event 4 years gone by…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Well, I guess that's the standard now. They count 65% for a 3v3 OT win. Why not, right? The NHL does. I'd like to see a regulation sweep for the green team. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I mean I was at the series so I hope I’d remember haha that was a lovely OT goal by Colton and there were a lot of happy Sioux fans in Downtown Denver that night

Just because you were there, doesn't mean you'd remember it :D

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

78 B.C. - Julius Caesar was the Sioux captain. Debating an inconsequential event 4 years gone by…

18 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

You new here?

Beat me to it. Was gonna say.... yep, that's kind of what we do lol.

• Upvote 2

20 years.. sounds like we're due. I say we sweep. I am also digging the 8pm start time.. kids will be in bed for the whole thing!

I talked so much !@#$ to DU when they were at the Canad a year or two ago... the sweep is needed so I can do it again In January.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I can't bet college sports in my state, but I'd bet the under at O/U 7. Luddy wants some revenge after he got pulled in Magness for his last game with Miami.

Looks like the odds on where I go are Denver -170, ND +130. Denver favored...

Man, I would LOVE a sweep against DU. I just don't see that happening. Not that it couldn't: We are good enough team-wise. I just think that DU is still a good team (even sans Chrona). Plus I think our team looked a little sick last week. Thinking more of a split for the weekend. Would love to be proven wrong.