SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2022

UNDBIZ

44 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Reading about colonoscopies is more enjoyable than reading about transfer outs, and I have had three of them.

Great comparison! Actually be glad it works…you don’t want the alternative.  If they even teach new nurses enemas anymore.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Thanks. This is one night I know I’m not full of crap. I’m drinking a liter of golytely in preparation for my colonoscopy tomorrow. Hopefully, when you younger guys get older you won’t have to do this. :)

Golytely? It's a lie! A total misnomer! 

I have family history. I've had two. Both were early (pre-cancerous) catches. Now to make you ALL cringe: I did them both ... without sedation. (Not a fan of the drugs they use.)

That, friends, is buy-in and dedication to a belief and a process. Find those people. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Back to the transfer discussion. 

I’m not sure if it’s been discussed on here but Incarnate Word qb Lindsey Scott Jr is in his 7th year and on his  5th team.  LSU, East Miss CC, Missouri, Nichols St and now Incarnate Word.  That’s insane 

How does one get seven years? Covid, sure. Extra year due to injury? 

23 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

All I want for Christmas is 4-5 Defensive lineman from the Portal that are big and ... 

... smile at the other team's QB's mom before the game and say, "Sorry, but not sorry for what is coming his way."  

I'm starting to feel pretty confident that we will not see anyone else from UND enter the portal. Here's the list.

• Ledbetter (FR) - D-Line
  • Moe-Tucker (FR) - RB (PWO)
  • Oliphant (GR) - O-Line
  • Preston (JR) - WR
  • Lehman (R-FR) - LB (PWO)
  • Vaughn-Jones (SR) - OLB (STARTER)
  • Coley (JR) - Safety (STARTER)

14 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'm starting to feel pretty confident that we will not see anyone else from UND enter the portal. Here's the list.

• Ledbetter (FR) - D-Line
  • Moe-Tucker (FR) - RB (PWO)
  • Oliphant (GR) - O-Line
  • Preston (JR) - WR
  • Lehman (R-FR) - LB (PWO)
  • Vaughn-Jones (SR) - OLB (STARTER)
  • Coley (JR) - Safety (STARTER)

Hopefully!  Now we can sit back and see who comes UND’s way.  

14 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Not a matter of playing time for these two.  Something mutually agreed upon by coaches and players??

That's my theory. It's also important to note that they were starters, because they were the best on the team at those positions (or 1 of 2). It happens to be that it's sort of a consensus that those were the two of the biggest weaknesses on the team. What I think we'll see based on the list 360 had prior to Senior day is KK / Buckner / Mullin were set to use their Covid year and return this year. If that's the case, you lose 0 Safety's and 1 OLB. From a practical standpoint, I do like that you've now opened a spot for a younger player. A little bit of a shake up, so those positional groups don't stay stale. Clearly a different situation if you have a positional group that's strong. Felt, those two needed a shake up a bit. 

3 minutes ago, LDL said:

Just curious regarding some comments mentioned above about coaches suggesting a player leave.  Is this something that typically happens in college athletics or is it a byproduct of the new transfer rules?

If your name is Coach Prime it is.....

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, LDL said:

Just curious regarding some comments mentioned above about coaches suggesting a player leave.  Is this something that typically happens in college athletics or is it a byproduct of the new transfer rules?

I don't know how exactly they go about phrasing it.  But the Notre Dame podcasts I listen to say stuff like "this guy was asked to return" or "this guy was encouraged to check the portal", stuff like that.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, LDL said:

I would say it’s directly correlated to the extra Covid year. For every guy that stays that extra year, you need someone to leave. 

• Upvote 1