SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2022

UNDBIZ

43 minutes ago, FightingHawk69 said:

Came back from an injury I heard, I wonder why he thought transferring was a good idea.

Oliphant would in my mind be the ideal candidate for the transfer portal. He’s not currently part of the 2-Deep, only has one year left. If nobody leaves early, they’ll need to replace only two Seniors on the 2-Deep. One starter. I’m guessing he wants to play.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AJS said:

Oliphant would in my mind be the ideal candidate for the transfer portal. He’s not currently part of the 2-Deep, only has one year left. If nobody leaves early, they’ll need to replace only two Seniors on the 2-Deep. One starter. I’m guessing he wants to play.

His HUDL was a pancake every time.

Of course, that's HUDL.

Not only this new portal era, but everything is heightened by the extra covid year. It's very important when players enter the portal to look at quality along with quantity. Last year, 6 of the 8 players that entered were either starters or guys that were on the 2-Deep (or in Urwiler's case a young up and comer). 

I went back and looked to see if there's any kind of pattern with this year.

• Before season ended: 1
  • First week after season ended: 3
  • Second week: 3
  • Later: 1

8 last year hit the portal, so far this year there have been 4. I'm crossing my fingers that the max we see this year is 6

I'm really interested to see what happens in the Secondary. We have not heard definite answers regarding Siegel / Buckner / Kauppinen as if they will be using their Covid year. My thought would be for each who returns, you'll see one in the same position group enter the portal. That's built into my max hope #. 

Another really important factor is 5 members of the Junior class Thorsness / Keech / Kimball / Neustel / Zavalney are graduating and won't be playing football further. That alone opens up Scholarship $ for 5th year / Incoming class.