SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2022

UNDBIZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, shep said:

Nice film

Big arm. Strong kid.

Must have seen the improvement in the QB room and counted the numbers. 

Good athlete. Good student. Good enough to have switched to defense where I think he could have made the transition and helped us. He wasn’t unhappy.  I would wonder if they discussed a position change and he wanted to remain at QB. Kaminski coming is may have been a factor. I would have liked to see him stay. 

• Upvote 1

With the Portal re-opening tomorrow, hopefully we see some help coming in still from the LB and safety spots. And with Ty King committing to Youngtown state today a RB would be possible also? See UND has one offer out to a safety but none to a RB or LB that I can find.

16 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

With the Portal re-opening tomorrow, hopefully we see some help coming in still from the LB and safety spots. And with Ty King committing to Youngtown state today a RB would be possible also? See UND has one offer out to a safety but none to a RB or LB that I can find.

Now I see that safety that they had offered has committed to UTEP.

18 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Would guess he has one of the SDs written all over him. Probably SDSU. 

I don't know how likely SDSU is as Gronowski will be the guy for the next 2 years barring an injury.  I can't see Knuth transferring to SDSU needing an injury to the starter to have a path towards that.  USD is definitely a possibility as the last time they were actually relevant was when they started a Minnesota castoff.  The starting job would definitely be in play for him there.

11 minutes ago, SteelSD said:

I don't know how likely SDSU is as Gronowski will be the guy for the next 2 years barring an injury.  I can't see Knuth transferring to SDSU needing an injury to the starter to have a path towards that.  USD is definitely a possibility as the last time they were actually relevant was when they started a Minnesota castoff.  The starting job would definitely be in play for him there.

Bauman looked pretty good starting for USD towards the end of the year last year and I think he likely has 3 years left.  Although he certainly isn't entrenched as the for sure starter as much as Gronowski would be if he transferred there.   May just come down to if he wants to play right away, or be playing in December in January when he does play.

8 hours ago, Parkers Pros said:

Don’t think we are deep enough to lose ILB to the Portal??  Fertel to the portal!

Those guys are the ones that the portal is made for. Did not see the field last year, probably had his meeting with coach and mutually agreed he should look for something that is a better fit. 

10 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Too quiet on the portal offers front.. :lol:

Perhaps waiting until semester ends so students can concentrate on the academics??  I believe Hoosman was brought in in May last year.

• Upvote 1