SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2022

UNDBIZ

3 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Better sharpen those gardening shears. That’s a whole lotta hedging. 

3 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

UND Football expert and his hot takes…

Don’t jump too soon boys. Lot of football left, but I hope Ziebarth is all conference by the end of the season. That would mean a lot of winning football in 2023. No one in their right mind (which means @Sioux>Bison is excluded from this example) should think a game against non-scholly Drake is enough to predict how this season is going to go. Remember the 69-10 win for UND vs Pioneer League Valparaiso in 2013? Ya’ll remember how that season (2013) ended up? 

Give us a 4 game sample size, like I’ve mentioned ad nauseam on here, and then we’ll have a real good idea how the 2023 season is going to go for UND

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

UND Football expert and his hot takes…

Check his background he was top tier running back in Minnesota. He's only a sophomore and has lots of upside. Our backfield is looking good for the future. 

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Don’t jump too soon boys. Lot of football left, but I hope Ziebarth is all conference by the end of the season. That would mean a lot of winning football in 2023. No one in their right mind (which means @Sioux>Bison is excluded from this example) should think a game against non-scholly Drake is enough to predict how this season is going to go. Remember the 69-10 win for UND vs Pioneer League Valparaiso in 2013? Ya’ll remember how that season (2013) ended up? 

Give us a 4 game sample size, like I’ve mentioned ad nauseam on here, and then we’ll have a real good idea how the 2023 season is going to go for UND

exactly there are 10 games left, I hope you enjoy crow because you are going to be eating a ton of it, but you must be used to it by now…..

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

exactly there are 10 games left, I hope you enjoy crow because you are going to be eating a ton of it, but you must be used to it by now…..

Not sure what crow I’m eating yet, but I’ll admit to being horribly wrong if Ziebarth breaks out with an all-conference season this year. He looked good against Drake, which is certainly a positive.

I’m definitely not used to eating crow, but hard for you to fathom that somehow. Must be tough going through life so sensitive.

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

let's tap the breaks on z's and hunt's long runs.....untouched and got to the corner easily against....Drake....show me some john santiago and otis weah stiff arms and breaking some tackles like shannon burnell before the wow's....

Whew, thanks for smacking down the irrational exuberance!  I knew your patented negativity would save the day.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

let's tap the breaks on z's and hunt's long runs.....untouched and got to the corner easily against....Drake....show me some john santiago and otis weah stiff arms and breaking some tackles like shannon burnell before the wow's....

Agreed, Z brings a strong pedigree and has been waiting his turn. It's okay for fans to be excited IMO. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

What’s funny about this is the coaches agreed with @UND-FB-FAN in March. They offered 4 or 5 RB from the portal. So obviously they thought they needed more than what Ziebarth was bringing. I think @Sioux>Bison should reach out to the coaches and ask for them to eat crow as well. 

What they were recruiting was depth, it's a tough position and ankles, shoulders are gonna take a beating. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

What they were recruiting was depth, it's a tough position and ankles, shoulders are gonna take a beating. 

I mean, you’re not wrong, but I also think they weren’t just looking for “depth”. They would’ve been more than happy to secure a transfer that could lead the bunch (see Tyler Hoosman 2022).

With that said, very important Isaiah Smith and Ziebarth stay healthy this season. Skokna is still a ? … hasn’t played since 2021. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I mean, you’re not wrong, but I also think they weren’t just looking for “depth”. They would’ve been more than happy to secure a transfer that could lead the bunch (see Tyler Hoosman 2022).

With that said, very important Isaiah Smith and Ziebarth stay healthy this season. Skokna is still a ? … hasn’t played since 2021. 

Donavon Hunt looks fast.  It will be interesting to see how he develops as the season progresses.

• Upvote 2