SiouxSports.com Forum

Broadcasting rights

gfhockey

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

How is the corm mill any different than Cirrus Aircraft or any of the numerous other Chinese owned companies operating in the U.S.

You are assuming way too much about the reasoning and intelligence of the pitchfork and torch group going after the corn mill. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Cratter said:

How is the corm mill any different than Cirrus Aircraft or any of the numerous other Chinese owned companies operating in the U.S.

I've been saying this all along.  I hate to tell you this but the HOME of the FIGHTING SIOUX University/Aerospace division also....ssshhhh....actually TRAINS Chinese students to FLY and has for 35 years.   Chinese students that could learn to fly then pilot privately made CIRRUS/CHINA-owned aircraft to fly over FuFeng to pick up some milled corn products infused with DRONES from the UND E-Sports Program (also affiliated with China by proxy) and sprinkle corn flake flavored spy-e-ness over all of our country?  Shouldn't UND be the target for TRAINING the commies?   Those bastards!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I wonder what about this business model is the chinese connection requirement?  input goods? technology? capital?    why doesn't a US company see this as an opportunity?

With China it's about control and leverage.

On 7/19/2022 at 12:32 PM, nodak651 said:

Q: One of your top accomplishments with the NCHC was establishing NCHC.tv, a digital network. Could there be a SummitLeague.tv to get all of the league in one spot digitally?

I take issue with this. Outside of UND, the majority of the NCHC.TV broadcast are poorly produced as far as watch-ability go.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, the green team said:

1440 in Grand Forks- is going to be streamed soon, they said that on yesterday’s show so I can still hear the various Coach’s   visits on their morning show regarding UND when my wife & I head to AZ, in the winter— so that will be good

That's great to hear.  So we can finally listen to the morning show on Iheart's website?

If I could take a guess on BEK is that they will pick up the non-Midco broadcasts of Basketball and Volleyball potentially, since these are sporadic on FSN, and Midco does not cover alot of these games. I cannot see UND Hockey being made available to them for OTA when Midco put up larger bid to try to drive viewers to their service, and NCHC.TV being available for those not on Midco services. Football may have some potential for the fact that it is already available on ESPN+ which while a subscription service still very cheap and if someone wants to see UND Football who doesn't have Midco they will have options for ESPN before switching to Midco unless they want Hockey as well.

6 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Pretty big deal to pick up some better radio coverage across the entire state. Plus we will get some dedicated UND shows and coverage on 1440. This is what the athletic program has been missing as we have always needed something similar to 1660. Can’t wait to be able to tune in!

https://midcosports.com/schedule/

08/03/2022

7:00 PM - 7:30 PM

Benchwarmers

Get your Fighting Hawks football fix this week on Benchwarmers. Midco's Brian Shawn breaks it down with Tom Miller from the Grand Forks Herald and color commentator Ryan Kasowski PLUS UND volleyball with head coach Jesse Tupac & women's soccer with head coach Chris Logan..

30 minutes ago, Kab said:

Have we always paid to get a radio station to cover Und and then Und gets the advertising money?

Starting in 2009 yes—prior to was when it local GF stations bid on it, but the stations got to sell all the advertising and then paid the University what they bid and station groups kept any additional revenue (so if they bid 70k and sold 400k it was a great deal for the radio group- the late 90s and early 2000s were bank with that arrangement for the radio groups.  

When they moved to division 1- it flipped, as UND wanted to sell to generate their own revenue, whether themselves or Learfield as its representative or whatever.  I also remember before getting UND back on KFGO, that WDAY/Forum was a steep price tag for that market during the years UND was on 970, from what I was told.  But the recent arrangement with KFGO, was quite amenable(although, haven’t heard what Fargo will be next go round— but probably fairly soon)