SiouxSports.com Forum

Broadcasting rights

gfhockey

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Your buddy Schlossy said they would make a decision in the first 2 weeks of June.  Maybe the bids are an embarrassment of riches and they are having a hard time deciding.

He said they expected to. That doesn't mean they were going to or required to.

Almost like its a big deal and there are additional negotiations going on or something. Not to mention some turnover in key roles and some additional people at the table with those changes. But thank you so much for your concern.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:
2 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Yeah who wouldn't like 20 hour bus rides

and staying in questionable hotels in sketchy parts of cities. Not saying it is rational, just saying he enjoys it.

wasn't it your AD that was doing questionable things on questionable streets like NP Ave in Fargo?

10 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

So jealous 

Jealous of NDSU’s success on the field ? Yes

jealous of Jeff culhane and the TV and radio broadcasts? Hell no!

jeff now gets to see what it is like to play second fiddle to the best team in the state…..

but thanks for reading the UND fan board……..

On 6/21/2022 at 8:37 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

Jealous of NDSU’s success on the field ? Yes

jealous of Jeff culhane and the TV and radio broadcasts? Hell no!

jeff now gets to see what it is like to play second fiddle to the best team in the state…..

but thanks for reading the UND fan board……..

Culhane is a very good play by play announcer for multiple sports and that is why he got the opportunity to move up to Florida State.

His radio show is Shannon McQuade/Derek Hanson level of an unlistenable trainwreck(for those who remember the early days of sports radio in Fargo/Moorhead). Not sure if he will be doing a similar show in Florida.

2 hours ago, 1972 said:

im actually disapointed with the decision to stay with Iheart...just dont like the organization, as a whole.

I guess outside of UND Sports I haven't listened to IHeart Stations much, but did listen more to Leighton and know they have alot of local talent and seemed to be more active in having events and little pop ups at town events than IHeart did. They also would've needed to get new talent over such as Tim Hennesey to cover, which is probably where their experience and production got ranked lower. Cunningham does okay for high school but IHeart has done well with UND Sport productions, just wish there were more coverage outside of games and Tim's morning show. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

I guess outside of UND Sports I haven't listened to IHeart Stations much, but did listen more to Leighton and know they have alot of local talent and seemed to be more active in having events and little pop ups at town events than IHeart did. They also would've needed to get new talent over such as Tim Hennesey to cover, which is probably where their experience and production got ranked lower. Cunningham does okay for high school but IHeart has done well with UND Sport productions, just wish there were more coverage outside of games and Tim's morning show. 

I believe Tim is actually employed by UND for the radio call....but I could be wrong

1 minute ago, 1972 said:

I believe Tim is actually employed by UND for the radio call....but I could be wrong

Previously I think he had a deal with Learfield for the call, but prior to Learfield coming in I think he may have just been a IHeart employee. I know he had a morning show on the Fan so did more than just games.

12 hours ago, FSSD said:

Please let Midco put all of this on its streaming service.

That one isn't negotiable.  NCHC has the streaming rights, unless you have a normal Midco TV package.  I believe Mudco could actually release a streaming only TV package like sling and include the games, technically, but a sports only thing like they have now is a no go, unless the conference abandons nchc.tv.

Edit: for hockey

Probably in the minority here, but driving and listening, I find Culhane paints a better picture of what's going on on the field. Michaels is too busy down conversational rabbit holes to point out formation and personnel and it drives me crazy. 

16 hours ago, petey23 said:

His radio show is Shannon McQuade/Derek Hanson level of an unlistenable trainwreck(for those who remember the early days of sports radio in Fargo/Moorhead). Not sure if he will be doing a similar show in Florida.

Michaels/Hanson on the old 740 was called "dumb and dumber" by me.