SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

5 hours ago, cberkas said:

Lindenwood going straight into NCAA play with no mix of ACHA teams, unlike Arizona State and Penn State.

They're taking on the big boys in the first year. Minnesota, Michigan, Denver, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. Zombo could get 17 or 16 wins in his first year

I like that approach.  Also like how they will be in Alaska for half the month of March.  

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I like that approach.  Also like how they will be in Alaska for half the month of March.  

That's what you would expect from a former UND hockey player now head coach. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

Should have announced new jerseys. Worst jerseys in college hockey at this day and age. They're embarrassing! 

Coincidentally, I met Coach Mayotte a few weeks ago while playing a drop in session. He saw me sitting on the CC bench wearing a game worn Schwartz jersey and wanted to ask me about it.

I wanted to ask him why they don’t have the redesigned Tiger logo prominently displayed on the new sweaters instead of that plain, boring font (like how UND had prior to the 2016-2017 season) but I chickened out. 

The school likely dropped thousands of dollars hiring some Madison Avenue marketing firm on this new Tiger logo (and mascot name-Prowler was deemed not PC and was therefore dropped) but it’s nowhere to be found on the jerseys. Odd. 

On 7/14/2022 at 8:45 PM, Godsmack said:

Coincidentally, I met Coach Mayotte a few weeks ago while playing a drop in session. He saw me sitting on the CC bench wearing a game worn Schwartz jersey and wanted to ask me about it.

I wanted to ask him why they don’t have the redesigned Tiger logo prominently displayed on the new sweaters instead of that plain, boring font (like how UND had prior to the 2016-2017 season) but I chickened out. 

The school likely dropped thousands of dollars hiring some Madison Avenue marketing firm on this new Tiger logo (and mascot name-Prowler was deemed not PC and was therefore dropped) but it’s nowhere to be found on the jerseys. Odd. 

I knew that. Going woke/PC... I bet their jersey sales are down a lot. Given their new PC logo and marketing, they are losing money and gaining negative marketing (attention) by having the worst college hockey jerseys. Period.

I'm sure that helps a ton in recruiting and exposure for Gen Z kids and building the CC brand. Kudos! 

What a fail. 

• Downvote 3

Seems St. Thomas scrapped the hockey arena plan at the Ford site.  A small but vocal opposition seemed to be brewing, but I don't know if that was the cause or if it was that St. Thomas found a more suitable location or what.  “after careful assessment, the university has determined the Highland Bridge site is no longer a viable option for a future hockey facility, primarily due to financial considerations.” https://www.twincities.com/2022/07/07/st-thomas-pulls-division-i-hockey-stadium-plan-out-of-highland-bridge-but-baseball-softball-remain/

Some initial thoughts on the Michigan hockey investigative report:

Insteas of scrolling through Twitter thread, he posted same on a website.

Link: https://johnubacon.com/2022/08/the-investigative-report-on-the-michigan-hockey-program/

Doesn’t look good for Mel which in that case it is mind boggling that the university has kept him around and have held onto this report since early May to not have done anything yet when it’d be easy to do so since he’s not under contract.

• Upvote 2

Also re U-Michigan staff's criminal conduct:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2022/08/02_Investigation-Complete,-But.php

"Manuel asked Pearson in February 2022 to control Bancroft or resign.  Pearson declined to fire Bancroft or resign.  He then coached the Wolverines into the Frozen Four, where they lost to Denver."

So, there's a bona-fide case for a "toxic and discriminatory environment" (by Bancroft, criminal act #1), which Pearson knew about and did nothing (criminal act #2) and which AD Manuel also knew about and did nothing (criminal act #3).   

Did U-Michigan learn NOTHING from the horrible abuse done by athletic trainer Robert Anderson?   

Kudos to Steve Shields and Strauss Mann for stepping forward.  I hope their lives are filled with success going forward.

6 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Wow! After reading that I don't know how in the hell he managed to have quite possibly the most amazing run of recruiting maybe ever. If I was committed there, I would be running for the gates! 

Well that article doesn’t mention the allegations of misleading recruits on scholarship money. That’s gotta play a part in that somehow. 

This John U Bacon fellow is raining fire down on U of Michigan.

https://twitter.com/Johnubacon

If the conduct catalogued in that report is not grounds for dismissal, then no UM employee or student should ever come forward to report wrongdoing again. UM will lose the trust of its constituents.

In my view, if UM ignores the findings of the external investigation it commissioned (which I've addressed here: https://johnubacon.com/2022/08/the-investigative-report-on-the-michigan-hockey-program/…) it sacrifices moral authority.