SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

On 9/22/2022 at 2:48 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

With Adidas exiting the NHL hockey market after the  23-24 and rumors of logo tweaks and updates....

I'd say, if things hold accourding to past I'd bet UND has new jerseys under NHLs branded template for the 2025-26 season.

Without getting into a logo debate, UND needs to change up the jerseys, keep the traditional striping but need to change the script on the front.

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2022 at 4:17 PM, SiouxForever said:

Saw a post on the gram that Colorado College is getting new jerseys. Literally had the worst jerseys I’ve seen in college hockey the last few years. 

Up next, UND. New logo, new jersey. 

I went to the season ticket holder fan fest today and they unveiled the new jerseys and I was impressed. Long overdue to highlight the new Tiger head logo and crest. 

Condolences to the UA(F) Associate HC who is heading to a funeral early this week. 

I sat next to him yesterday on a SEA->MSP run. He let me look over his shoulder as he was reviewing their exhibition game from like 16 hours earlier

Would be fun to see the 'nooks in GF sometime in the future ... :whistling:

48 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Condolences to the UA(F) Associate HC who is heading to a funeral early this week. 

I sat next to him yesterday on a SEA->MSP run. He let me look over his shoulder as he was reviewing their exhibition game from like 16 hours earlier

Would be fun to see the 'nooks in GF sometime in the future ... :whistling:

Good thing they’re on the schedule for an upcoming season then. :D

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Well worth the time to read. It's hard to believe everything he says but it's good to get his perspective.

https://www.therinklive.com/mens-division-1/big-10/fired-hockey-coach-mel-pearson-speaks-for-the-first-time-on-what-really-went-down-at-michigan

Interesting read...still think he's lying his ass off though.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Just read the article. What jumped out at me: Grant Cruikshank is still playing college hockey. How did he snag an eleventh year of eligibility? And has anyone else heard that his mom was a pretty good skater?

9 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Just read the article. What jumped out at me: Grant Cruikshank is still playing college hockey. How did he snag an eleventh year of eligibility? And has anyone else heard that his mom was a pretty good skater?

The only thing I DON’T miss about Cruikshank no longer playing at CC is having to be reminded about his Olympian parents! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

And that he's on his 3rd collegiate team. 

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Interesting read...still think he's lying his ass off though.

The part that still rubs me the wrong way too is why he’d want to back out of the GLI in the first place. Michigan’s been a part of that tradition forever and to want to back out because you anticipate a bunch of your players being gone at the world juniors, well boo hoo. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Just needs two more years to tie Chay Genoway...;)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Goon said:

That actually sends up warning flag for me. Trouble making a commitment. 

In reading an article about St. Cloud at the NCHC media day, I got the sense Cruikshank is a centerman but was put on the wing position at Minnesota and perhaps that didn’t sit well with him because coach Brett Larson said in his recorded interview with the guys from the rink.com that he was purposely going to slot him in at the center position. 

Just now, Godsmack said:

In reading an article about St. Cloud at the NCHC media day, I got the sense Cruikshank is a centerman but was put on the wing position at Minnesota and perhaps that didn’t sit well with him because coach Brett Larson said in his recorded interview with the guys from the rink.com that he was purposely going to slot him in at the center position. 

Makes sense then.