SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

6 hours ago, bale31 said:

Hows this for a fun idea? No I haven't heard this from anywhere. No I don't think it's on the horizon. Yes I would love it and think it would be a great idea. Yes I think it would be a success. Lastly and most importantly, I think one of the schools would kill it because it happened with the north star cup, but allowed to dream.

I would love to see a "minndakota" tournament. There are now 8 teams in Minnesota and the Dakotas (UND, MSU, SCSU, UMD,BSU, MN, Augie, and st thomas). It could be set up as an annual tournament seeded by last year's results. The location could be rotated around the region or just be in the twin cities. The tourney could be set up to guarantee everyone 3 games so it wouldn't screw up anyone's schedule and short them of a fame for their season. It would be great for fans. And if its an annual event prople could plan yearly tickets like the old final five. I'm sure the players would love it. It would be greal for recruiting. It would be great for tv. The only problem is it would require 8 schools, 8 head coaches and 8 sets of administrators to buy in.

Thoughts?

Have the tournament in Florida between Christmas and New Year’s 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

And now the younger Lucia's brother is headed to Wisconsin.

Didn't he give a verbal when he was 13

Was word about Smilanic not being a great locker room guy, and I have a feeling that the drama Lucius and his family might bring could create a similar issue.  I suppose if you are Granato it is a make or break it year, so he has to try find some offense.  We will see how it works out.

On 6/15/2022 at 4:54 PM, Tbone said:

Aren’t you worried that you could be Siouxed by Minnkota Power, Minn Kota Motors, Minnkota Windows, Minnkota Recycling, or Minn-kota Ag Products?

Me thinks that given the regional aspect they would probably be more keen to sponsor rather than Souix....

• Upvote 1

Rick Zombo - nice conversation with Adam Wodon:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2022/06/20_QA-With--Lindenwood-Coach.php

On a different team, back in 1982-84, he might have been THE star player.  At UND, overshadowed by some other great talent ... he notes that all 6 defensemen on the 1982 Title team played in the NHL.    

Had the privilege of a couple fast conversations, back in the day.  He still talks fast, as far as I can tell from Wodon's notes.  

Good luck in NCAA D-1 this year, Zombo.

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

Hypothetical question…if I were to show up at a drop in session at the Ralph and I wore a CC jersey, would anyone there (players, coaches, staff) be offended or take it the wrong way? Asking for a friend. 

They'd probably ask if you need a permit or already have plates to park in handicapped. 

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Hypothetical question…if I were to show up at a drop in session at the Ralph and I wore a CC jersey, would anyone there (players, coaches, staff) be offended or take it the wrong way? Asking for a friend. 

I would give you a wide berth in the concourse area.  Because the Tiger logo tends to spin and bounce around - a lot!!

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

They would probably stop and take your picture…kinda like spotting a unicorn.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, FSSD said:

I would give you a wide berth in the concourse area.  Because the Tiger logo tends to spin and bounce around - a lot!!

I think I might’ve laughed way too much reading this. :lol:

Floating tiger head apparel, I’d even have to buy one of those.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I posed the question because tomorrow, I’m skating at Robson Arena and I had planned on wearing my game worn Gersich jersey but my friend who works at CC advised me not to because some of the CC players may be there working out and they and some of the staff might be offended. 

I obliged and told her I won’t wear it, I’ll wear one of my game worn CC jerseys instead. I get it-I’m a guest there, I want to be respectful in their barn, and I don’t want to tick off any CC people but I found it to be a bit thin skinned the assumption that a player might get his feelings hurt seeing a beer leaguer skating around in a North Dakota jersey. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Hypothetical Question, if enough schools in the Mountain Region added hockey, like Colorado, Utah and Wyoming along with Arizona, could you see Denver and CC leaving the NCHC for a New Mountain conference?

I don’t think so

17 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Hypothetical Question, if enough schools in the Mountain Region added hockey, like Colorado, Utah and Wyoming along with Arizona, could you see Denver and CC leaving the NCHC for a New Mountain conference?

Doubtful but I guess it depends on which schools out west ended up adding D-I hockey. DU has a reputation for never being satisfied with whichever non-hockey conferences they’ve been in. They left the WAC and DU fans do nothing but bitch about the Summit. They have a superiority complex relative the other member schools so I could see them liking the brighter lights of a conference with power 5 schools. CC, highly unlikely.