SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

19 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Denver got a new logo and it's mandated on team jerserys

It's a gold snail with a red "D" painted on its shell.

We are working to confirm if the new DU nickname is "slime trailers". 

628f85fd67fc1.image.png

Given the current climate on the DU campus, it is not better me the realm of possibility that the Pioneers nickname could eventually be dropped. There is a small-but vocal-minority trying to change it just as they did with removing Boone as the school’s official mascot. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Given the current climate on the DU campus, it is not better me the realm of possibility that the Pioneers nickname could eventually be dropped. There is a small-but vocal-minority trying to change it just as they did with removing Boone as the school’s official mascot. 

Absolutely ridiculous but nothing surprises me in todays world 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

A similar situation happened at my wife's Alma mater where they determined "Missionaries" was too imperialistic. Too many people haven't figured out how to reach self-actualization and take up these causes instead.

4 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

A similar situation happened at my wife's Alma mater where they determined "Missionaries" was too imperialistic. Too many people haven't figured out how to reach self-actualization and take up these causes instead.

Given Cornell just removed a bust of Lincoln and a copy of one of only five of the Gettysburg Address, nothing shocks me anymore. Even “honest Abe” has become persona nongrada 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Given Cornell just removed a bust of Lincoln and a copy of one of only five of the Gettysburg Address, nothing shocks me anymore. Even “honest Abe” has become persona nongrada 

Why would you remove the bust of a president that freed slaves and won the war that reunited the USA? JFC!

• Upvote 3

3 Logan Cooley Minnesota ARI
5 Cutter Gauthier Boston College PHI
13 Frank Nazar Michigan CHI
14 Rutger Mcgroarty Michigan WPG
23 Jimmy Snuggerud Minnesota STL
25 Sam Rinzel Minnesota (Inc 2023) CHI

Just a bunch of B10 recruits taken today, along with one BC.

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

The narrative in this board is we didn’t want them?

Stinks we didn't get Cooley after his decommit or Howard. The Chaska kids seem born to be Gophers. And if we ever get a first rounder out of Michigan/Massachusetts, I'll drink to that.

Having both Chyzyk and Mattson on staff at the hockey middle school Snuggerud and Brink's dads run could help getting some southwest metro blue chips down the road.

More than anything, I'm curious if we can start getting some of the studs out of Winnipeg/MB to consider UND with NIL money exceeding their MJ stipend. The cousins from there both drafted today would have been targets in that scenario.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, brianvf said:

Was funny listening to the ESPN broadcast with "Bucci" (God they over say that.....cripes...)  "Ohh yeah that Michigan team last year was basically a professional team playing in college". :lol:

The Miracle on Ice part 2?  How on earth did a bunch of college kids playing for Denver beat that group of professionals?

42 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Was funny listening to the ESPN broadcast with "Bucci" (God they over say that.....cripes...)  "Ohh yeah that Michigan team last year was basically a professional team playing in college". :lol:

The Miracle on Ice part 2?  How on earth did a bunch of college kids playing for Denver beat that group of professionals?

Ehh, at one point "Bucci" was talking about how the Gophers played for the National Championship last season (despite the fact that he called the game between DU and Mankato just three months ago).  Sadly, he is one of college hockey's biggest advocates at ESPN.  

15 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

Ehh, at one point "Bucci" was talking about how the Gophers played for the National Championship last season (despite the fact that he called the game between DU and Mankato just three months ago).  Sadly, he is one of college hockey's biggest advocates at ESPN.  

I wish he wouldn't pick a team and a player as his favorite every year and just ride the pony to death.  Cole Caufield.....Kale Makar.....Matty Berniers.....

He was so in love with Michigan this year.  And like you said, the one college hockey guy at ESPN who serves as the ambassador for the sport on the network is in love with...Michigan.....:unsure:

1 hour ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

...and also one of it's biggest tools.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I wish he wouldn't pick a team and a player as his favorite every year and just ride the pony to death.  Cole Caufield.....Kale Makar.....Matty Berniers.....

He was so in love with Michigan this year.  And like you said, the one college hockey guy at ESPN who serves as the ambassador for the sport on the network is in love with...Michigan.....:unsure:

And nice that all those teams didn't win a title :whistling:

I liked how ESPN pulled him from calling games in the NHL playoffs after the first round :D

• Upvote 1

Lindenwood going straight into NCAA play with no mix of ACHA teams, unlike Arizona State and Penn State.

They're taking on the big boys in the first year. Minnesota, Michigan, Denver, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. Zombo could get 17 or 16 wins in his first year