SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

They are Jan Brady

They'd be surprised that the UND fan base wants an ESPN deal for the conference more than everyone else.

Instead of complaining about the stream quality/broadcast quality, might want to fix yours. 

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

Antti Tuomisto leaves DU after his sophomore season to sign a pro deal in Finland.

Watch the replay below of Hain's goal ending their season last year in the NCHC semi. Tuomisto took a VERY stupid penalty to give us a PP, and after the goal he coasts across the ice and slams his stick.

• 2 weeks later...

So I may be just discovering something that people were already aware of but it looks like covid nessciated some of the different southern club teams that had previously played across all three division forming a conference in order to put together a schedule, the list of schools could make for the basis of an actual south hockey conference, one that might be willing to let its members take there time in getting the arenas that the other conferences would want a pre-requisite for consideration.

College hockey south

1. University of Alabama

2. University of Alabama, Huntsville

3. Auburn University

4. University of Mississippi

5. University of Georgia

6.  Georgia Institute of Technology

7. Kennesaw State University

8. Middle Tennessee State University

9. University of Tennessee

10. Vanderbilt University

11.  Clemson University

12. University of South Carolina

13. University of Central Florida 

14. University of Florida 

15. Florida Atlantic University 

16. Florida State University 

17. Lynn University 

18. University of Miami 

19. University of South Florida 

https://www.collegehockeysouth.com/

11 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ummmmmm....i'm a one done blue chipper do i wanna play for the sioux, the eagles, the sun devils, or the goofers........i know which one would get crossed off my list after looking at this video

They seem nice. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 8:43 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ummmmmm....i'm a one done blue chipper do i wanna play for the sioux, the eagles, the sun devils, or the goofers........i know which one would get crossed off my list after looking at this video

The U of M has been a mess for about 2 years now.  It is not safe to be around campus at night.

Upon Further Review ... : College Hockey News

If the officials cannot definitively determine that a penalty is worth a 5-minute major and game misconduct after watching the video IN FULL SPEED for 30 seconds — then move on.

ANY time you need more than that to determine whether a hit is worth a 5-minute major and game misconduct, it's not. Some coaches have suggested 90 seconds, others 60 seconds. I'm suggesting 30. Either way, any of those is better than the often torturous reviews.

He pretty much contradicts himself in the article about this. 

But many coaches pointed out to me that players are using this as a tactic to draw ejections. You don't ever want to accuse someone of faking an injury, because that can get very dicey — but let's be honest, this does happen, more often than it should. A player can turn into a hit, go down in a heap, draw a 5/ejection, and then pop right back up 1 minute later for the power play.

Simple solution, you grab at your head after the hit you are done. Player safety and concussions being a concern. 

Minimum Players — After Michigan canceled its Great Lakes Invitational game last winter for dubious reasons, citing concerns with having too few available players, before dressing 18 skaters for a subsequent game, some people want to see a universal rule in place that would standardize how this is handled.

This should have been common sense, but Mel ruined that.

Thus, most of all, the consensus among coaches is they'd like to see college hockey adopt the NHL rule about offsides. A few years ago, the NHL made it so a player is considered onside when the skate is above the blue line but not in contact with the ice. The only concern is that not all college hockey arenas 

This is already dumb in the NHL. It is only when attacking the zone and you have to touch the ice when tagging up on delayed offsides. 

The consensus seems to want to remove the "North Dakota rule." That's the one where video reviews are not allowed if possession changed in the offensive zone after a possible offsides. In other words, if a team enters the zone offside, but the defensive team gets the puck, but then the offensive team gets it back within the offensive zone — any claim to an offside upon review is nullified and a goal would count. The NCAA put this rule in a few years ago after North Dakota was burned in an NCAA Tournament game against Boston University. Some coaches still like this rule, but most want to see it go back to the way it was.

I've only seen this rule come up twice. This is not an issue at all

Hows this for a fun idea? No I haven't heard this from anywhere. No I don't think it's on the horizon. Yes I would love it and think it would be a great idea. Yes I think it would be a success. Lastly and most importantly, I think one of the schools would kill it because it happened with the north star cup, but allowed to dream.

I would love to see a "minndakota" tournament. There are now 8 teams in Minnesota and the Dakotas (UND, MSU, SCSU, UMD,BSU, MN, Augie, and st thomas). It could be set up as an annual tournament seeded by last year's results. The location could be rotated around the region or just be in the twin cities. The tourney could be set up to guarantee everyone 3 games so it wouldn't screw up anyone's schedule and short them of a fame for their season. It would be great for fans. And if its an annual event prople could plan yearly tickets like the old final five. I'm sure the players would love it. It would be greal for recruiting. It would be great for tv. The only problem is it would require 8 schools, 8 head coaches and 8 sets of administrators to buy in.

Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Hows this for a fun idea? No I haven't heard this from anywhere. No I don't think it's on the horizon. Yes I would love it and think it would be a great idea. Yes I think it would be a success. Lastly and most importantly, I think one of the schools would kill it because it happened with the north star cup, but allowed to dream.

I would love to see a "minndakota" tournament. There are now 8 teams in Minnesota and the Dakotas (UND, MSU, SCSU, UMD,BSU, MN, Augie, and st thomas). It could be set up as an annual tournament seeded by last year's results. The location could be rotated around the region or just be in the twin cities. The tourney could be set up to guarantee everyone 3 games so it wouldn't screw up anyone's schedule and short them of a fame for their season. It would be great for fans. And if its an annual event prople could plan yearly tickets like the old final five. I'm sure the players would love it. It would be greal for recruiting. It would be great for tv. The only problem is it would require 8 schools, 8 head coaches and 8 sets of administrators to buy in.

Thoughts?

What, are you completely nuts?! What a horrible idea for the name of the tournament. Obviously it should be the Dakminn tournament!

Otherwise, I like it! Very intriguing idea!

3 minutes ago, N of GF said:

What, are you completely nuts?! What a horrible idea for the name of the tournament. Obviously it should be the Dakminn tournament!

Otherwise, I like it! Very intriguing idea!

Haha...I fear the name would be flipped to the Dikman tournament too easily.:D

2 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Haha...I fear the name would be flipped to the Dikman tournament too easily.:D

Oh, you're right about that! Okay, Minndakota it is.

Besides, this way when UND dominates it over and over again, we will have North Dakota, South Dakota, and MinnDakota. The three Dakota's!

44 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Thoughts?

The MinneKota Cup!