SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Bracketology

farce poobah

8 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

Don't shoot the messenger.....but I heard from a very reliable source, at coffee this morning, that the NCAA is going to put all 5 NCHC teams in the same regional.

Details are still being worked out.

A double elimination regional to make sure that we beat each other up real good before the frozen 4.

9 hours ago, Clark17 said:

NE/Vermont tomorrow night.  I would guess a NE win doesn't do much if anything but a loss might bump them out.

Albany

1 - MSU-M

16 - AIC

8 - Quin

9 - SCSU

Worcester

4 - UMtc

14 - NE

5 - UND

10 - UMASS

Allentown

2 - Mich.

15 - UML

7 - ND

11 - UMD

Loveland

3 - DU

13 - OSU

6 - WMU

12 - MTU

Had to split up Worcester bracket due to 2 intra-conference first round matchups.  I think committee would move both UMASS-A and NE to Worcester.  AIC looks closer to Albany than UML so I think UML goes to Allentown and they preserve the 1/16 matchup.  Once again 3 regionals within a relatively small geographic area.  

Worcester is a dump of a town. That wouldn't be an ideal location. Yes, I've been there. I worked in Worcester when I lived in Mass. 

On 2/28/2022 at 3:30 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Everyone bases brackets off "present PWR". 

Show some marbles ... predict what PWR will look like after the conference tournaments, then seed your brackets. 

Otherwise you're just trying to follow the NCAA's formulaic with data that is ... wrong. <-- PWR will change between now and the day they announce the field. 

Here's my marbles then lol. 

Allentown

1 Minnesota St

4 Canisius

2 Quinnipiac

3 Michigan Tech

Worcester

1 Michigan

4 Clarkston

2 Notre Dame

3 Duluth

Loveland

1 Denver

4 Umass 

2 UND

3 Northeastern 

Albany

1 Minnesota 

4 SCSU

2 W Michigan

3 Ohio St 

Conference Champs:

CCHA - Michigan Tech

Atlantic - Canisius

B1G - Michigan

ECAC - Clarkston

Hockey East - Northeastern

NCHC - Western Michigan 

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Michigan should have to play western Michigan the first round and see if they back out of the game 

That would be great*. At the very least, let's hope Michigan and Western meet in the NCAAs--as long as it's not at the expense of UND.

(*As an added punishment for Michigan's douchebaggery, they should have to play in Lawson Arena.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

If DU falls to a 2 seed or we run down a 1. Otherwise, I'd be pretty surprised to see UND elsewhere, IMO.

I sort of disagree with this theory. 

I expect us to be in either DU or Minnesota’s regional, whether we are a 1 seed or a 2 seed. But I don’t think going to DU’s regional is a given if the bracket doesn’t naturally fall that way. 

12 hours ago, Sioux&gt;Bison said:

I sure hope they go to the Loveland Regional, been waiting for them to get sent there since Loveland started hosting. If they don’t get placed there I’m not going.

Plus it would be fun to get the chance to beat Denver in Loveland!

Alway some favoritisms to the East teams also some movement that makes sense. How will these brackets be changed?

1. Mankato vs 16. AIC

8. Norte Dame vs (not 9. Quin) 12. Duluth

4. Denver or Minnie Vs 13. Lowell

5. Western vs (not 12. Mass) 10. Tech

2. Michigan vs 15. O State or an AQ

7. Clown State vs (not 10. Tech) 9. Q State

3. Minnie or Denver vs 14. N.E. Or an AQ

6. UND vs (not 11 Duluth) 12. U Mass

Final bracket predictions:

UND moves up to a #5, but MN does enough to get the #4 overall seed.   I predict an ECAC upset over the Q, so my #15 is the ECAC AQ (perhaps Cornell if Schafer is back behind the bench).

Also predict the Committee protects the #1 overall seed, and does a bit of geographic juggling to get a little attendence in Worcester (MA and Lowell), and in Allentown (put 2 Big Ten teams there), and yeah I predict they will find a way to get Western Michigan a shot at Michigan.

In Albany:   

#1 MSU-M vs #16 AHA AQ,    

#8 Quinnipiac vs #11 UMD

In Allentown:

#2 MI vs #15 ECAC AQ (Cornell)

#7 W MI vs #9 Notre Dame

In Denver:

#3 DU vs #14 Northeastern

#6 SCSU vs #10 MI Tech

In Worcester:

#4 MN vs #13 MA-Lowell

#5 UND vs #12 MA

4 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

UND moves up to a #5, but MN does enough to get the #4 overall seed.   I predict an ECAC upset over the Q, so my #15 is the ECAC AQ (perhaps Cornell if Schafer is back behind the bench).

Also predict the Committee protects the #1 overall seed, and does a bit of geographic juggling to get a little attendence in Worcester (MA and Lowell), and in Allentown (put 2 Big Ten teams there), and yeah I predict they will find a way to get Western Michigan a shot at Michigan.

In Albany:   

#1 MSU-M vs #16 AHA AQ,    

#8 Quinnipiac vs #11 UMD

In Allentown:

#7 W MI vs #9 Notre Dame

In Denver:

#6 SCSU vs #10 MI Tech

In Worcester:

#4 MN vs #13 MA-Lowell

#5 UND vs #12 MA

I LOVE this idea! Looks balanced and fair, too. I agree with your Cornell pick.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

If there is a team or two that you'd like to be on the opposite side of the bracket and not face until the national championship who are they?

I think right now mine would be Minnesota and Denver.

They will need to beat (more than likely) Denver, minnie, Michigan or Mankato to get to the FF so I don't know that it matters. They swept Denver so maybe that's who would be the team to play.

On 3/9/2022 at 1:34 PM, farce poobah said:

In Albany:   

#1 MSU-M vs #16 AHA AQ,    

#8 Quinnipiac vs #11 UMD

In Allentown:

#7 W MI vs #9 Notre Dame

In Denver:

#6 SCSU vs #10 MI Tech

In Worcester:

#4 MN vs #13 MA-Lowell

#5 UND vs #12 MA