SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Bracketology

farce poobah

1 minute ago, siouxweet said:

Aa long as DU, Michigan or Minn doesn't win it I'm good.

I usually go by anyone but DU, UMN, UM, BC, BU, UW, and UMD.
Three of those teams didn't even make the tourney this year, so that was lucky.
Two of the others are in the same regional, so that's nice too.  ;) 

1 hour ago, jk said:

Or UMD for me. 

UMD fan in front of me last night is no doubt shocked right now that her Bulldogs are not a #1 seed.  Oh, she’s likely disappointed as well that 4 other NCHC teams are in the tournament along with Duluth as she was certain it was just going to be her boys and Denver in there.

14 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Sounds like Sanderson done for the year 

If that's the case, then so be it.  They should change his status from week-to-week to out indefinitely to end speculation.
Like when he got injured at the Olympics and he was day-to-day for a month.  ;) 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

UMD fan in front of me last night is no doubt shocked right now that her Bulldogs are not a #1 seed.  Oh, she’s likely disappointed as well that 4 other NCHC teams are in the tournament along with Duluth as she was certain it was just going to be her boys and Denver in there.

Crack is taking Duluth by storm I hear.

I'm guessing every single team in the Albany bracket is ecstatic they are there. I wouldn't necessarily go 25% chance across the board, but I think all four teams would have somewhat the same odds of making it to Boston. 

11 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Some people are so clueless.  The UMD group behind me at the championship game was talking about how W. Michigan had to win the tourney to get into the NCAA Tournament.  I'm sure they are surprised to see Western as the highest seed out from the NCHC.

21 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Some people are so clueless.  The UMD group behind me at the championship game was talking about how W. Michigan had to win the tourney to get into the NCAA Tournament.  I'm sure they are surprised to see Western as the highest seed out from the NCHC.

Had a "big UMD fan" ask me if Duluth had to win the semifinal game to get in the tourney.  Reminder that people on this board are wayyy more tuned in than your average college hockey fan. 

Another time at a wife's work party I had when I lived in the cities, my wife's coworker was giving me crap about being a UND fan.  He was a "big Bulldog fan" and his favorite player was "Josh Connolly".  I respond "You mean Jack Connolly?"  <pause> "yeah that's what I meant". He also couldn't name their starting goalie that year.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Had a "big UMD fan" ask me if Duluth had to win the semifinal game to get in the tourney.  Reminder that people on this board are wayyy more tuned in than your average college hockey fan. 

Another time at a wife's work party I had when I lived in the cities, my wife's coworker was giving me crap about being a UND fan.  He was a "big Bulldog fan" and his favorite player was "Josh Connolly".  I respond "You mean Jack Connolly?"  <pause> "yeah that's what I meant". He also couldn't name their starting goalie that year.

Typical bandwagon homers.

7 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Typical bandwagon homers.

Yup, I believe this was 2013 as well so everyone was getting on board after the 2011 title. Also just reminded me that he said he "used to be a Gopher fan because he went to school there".  Just hopping around MN colleges depending on who wins I guess. If Mankato takes it all this year I'm sure he'll buy his purple cow jersey and talk about how great Derrick McKay was in net all year. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Yup, I believe this was 2013 as well so everyone was getting on board after the 2011 title. Also just reminded me that he said he "used to be a Gopher fan because he went to school there".  Just hopping around MN colleges depending on who wins I guess. If Mankato takes it all this year I'm sure he'll buy his purple cow jersey and talk about how great Derrick McKay was in net all year. 

Or Jim McKay...

Jim McKay 1970s.JPG

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Silly newb.  Everyone knows who Derrick McKey is!  I’m just shocked that he left the NBA to become a hockey goalie!

C6481188-7DCE-4799-8A91-0A3CBEFA1CD9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Also just reminded me that he said he "used to be a Gopher fan because he went to school there".  Just hopping around MN colleges depending on who wins I guess. 

I used to love the Final Five when the gopher fans would just move on to the next MN team to “keep it in the state.”  I half expected Mariucci’s crowd to start heading over to St. Paul when Michigan put up their 4th goal on Saturday.