SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Bracketology

farce poobah

3 minutes ago, Nashvegas said:

You can if a conference has (5) teams in the tourney. If less than 5 they avoid first round matchups as much as possible. 

I think they'd still avoid it though if they easily can.
We'll see how much more movement there is still in the last couple weeks.
I'd rather avoid UMN in the 2nd round, but I'd take MTU for a first round opponent...old WCHA foe!

14 hours ago, brianvf said:

I think they'd still avoid it though if they easily can.
We'll see how much more movement there is still in the last couple weeks.
I'd rather avoid UMN in the 2nd round, but I'd take MTU for a first round opponent...old WCHA foe!

Are you new here? The NCAA loves to screw the NCHC when it can. If they can put a conference matchup and have a valid excuse, they will. They don't want a NCHC frozen Four out east. Even though Boston will be all green anyways!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Nashvegas said:

Are you new here? The NCAA loves to screw the NCHC when it can. If they can put a conference matchup and have a valid excuse, they will. They don't want a NCHC frozen Four out east. Even though Boston will be all green anyways!! 

NCAA needs to suck it up because there’s a good chance there are ZERO eastern teams at the Boston Frozen Four. 

7 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Don't shoot the messenger.....but I heard from a very reliable source, at coffee this morning, that the NCAA is going to put all 5 NCHC teams in the same regional.

Details are still being worked out.

Yep, talking about using the old Final 5 format in Loveland......

Can't recall a time when this early into the process that 10 of the 16 teams are essentially 'locks' (8 at 100% and two at 99.7% or higher). 

It's really going to come down to those 10 and then others who need to win their conference tournament to go.  As a fan of NoDak it will be fun to see someone else sweat it out on the bubble for a change. 

Take Minnesota for example. They are clearly in but when the tournament starts on March 24 they will have played only 1 or 2 games over the span of 28 days.  I don't know if that bodes well for them?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Nashvegas said:

Yes, very new.  ;)
Yet I still don't recall the NCAA putting two NCHC teams against each other in the 1st round.  I agree that they'll put two NCHC in each regional rather than spread them apart, though.

• Upvote 1

NE/Vermont tomorrow night.  I would guess a NE win doesn't do much if anything but a loss might bump them out.

Albany

1 - MSU-M

16 - AIC

8 - Quin

9 - SCSU

Worcester

4 - UMtc

14 - NE

5 - UND

10 - UMASS

Allentown

2 - Mich.

15 - UML

7 - ND

11 - UMD

Loveland

3 - DU

13 - OSU

6 - WMU

12 - MTU

Had to split up Worcester bracket due to 2 intra-conference first round matchups.  I think committee would move both UMASS-A and NE to Worcester.  AIC looks closer to Albany than UML so I think UML goes to Allentown and they preserve the 1/16 matchup.  Once again 3 regionals within a relatively small geographic area.  

7 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

NE/Vermont tomorrow night.  I would guess a NE win doesn't do much if anything but a loss might bump them out.

Albany

1 - MSU-M

16 - AIC

8 - Quin

9 - SCSU

Worcester

4 - UMtc

14 - NE

5 - UND

10 - UMASS

Allentown

2 - Mich.

15 - UML

7 - ND

11 - UMD

Loveland

3 - DU

13 - OSU

6 - WMU

12 - MTU

Had to split up Worcester bracket due to 2 intra-conference first round matchups.  I think committee would move both UMASS-A and NE to Worcester.  AIC looks closer to Albany than UML so I think UML goes to Allentown and they preserve the 1/16 matchup.  Once again 3 regionals within a relatively small geographic area.  

Nevermind I spot a a mistake.  I need a re-do.  

4 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

Nevermind I spot a a mistake.  I need a re-do.  

re-do

Albany

1 - MSU-M

16 - AIC

8 - Quin

9 - SCSU

Allentown

4 - UMtc

15 - UML

5 - UND

12- MTU

Worcester

2 - Mich.

14 - NE

7 - ND

11 - UMASS

Loveland

3 - DU

13 - OSU

6 - WMU

11 - UMD

Swapped 13 - 14 - 15 to avoid first round B10 matchup and put NE in Worcester rather than UML as they are seeded higher

3 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

re-do

Albany

1 - MSU-M

16 - AIC

8 - Quin

9 - SCSU

Allentown

4 - UMtc

15 - UML

5 - UND

12- MTU

Worcester

2 - Mich.

14 - NE

7 - ND

11 - UMASS

Loveland

3 - DU

13 - OSU

6 - WMU

11 - UMD

Swapped 13 - 14 - 15 to avoid first round B10 matchup and put NE in Worcester rather than UML as they are seeded higher

good grief (10 - UMASS)

21 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Because it has happened once when there wasn't another option. WCHA had 3 of the 2 seeds, 2 of the 3 seeds and UND was a 1 seed.

So #2 Denver had to play #3 Wisconsin in Madison and UND was the 1 seed in that region against Princeton.

I was at that regional.  We certainly didn't play our best hockey (in either game), but can't argue with the outcome.  :)

I remember all the UW fans around us talking so much smack entering the 3rd period with us down 2-0.
Duncan's goal that rang the post SO LOUD and in!  And then Kozek for the game winner in OT.  Fun times.  :) 

• Upvote 1

Everyone bases brackets off "present PWR". 

Show some marbles ... predict what PWR will look like after the conference tournaments, then seed your brackets. 

Otherwise you're just trying to follow the NCAA's formulaic with data that is ... wrong. <-- PWR will change between now and the day they announce the field. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

I was at that regional.  We certainly didn't play our best hockey (in either game), but can't argue with the outcome.  :)

I remember all the UW fans around us talking so much smack entering the 3rd period with us down 2-0.
Duncan's goal that rang the post SO LOUD and in!  And then Kozek for the game winner in OT.  Fun times.  :) 

Duncan had a nice shot...

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

Yes, very new.  ;)
Yet I still don't recall the NCAA putting two NCHC teams against each other in the 1st round.  I agree that they'll put two NCHC in each regional rather than spread them apart, though.

It won't happen unless it's 100% necessary and it's certainly not right now. 

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

Because it has happened once when there wasn't another option. WCHA had 3 of the 2 seeds, 2 of the 3 seeds and UND was a 1 seed.

So #2 Denver had to play #3 Wisconsin in Madison and UND was the 1 seed in that region against Princeton.

Also love the guy with 30 posts asking the guy with 8k+ if he is new...Fantastic!

And don't forget, Wisconsin was below .500 and wouldn't make the tourney as an at-large now. 

3 hours ago, petey23 said:

Also love the guy with 30 posts asking the guy with 8k+ if he is new...Fantastic!

Haha yup. I lost my old account a few years ago (not booted, just lost login and email used) but I'm sure my old one wasn't 8k either. 

On 2/22/2022 at 2:18 PM, mattim said:

Predicting the final Brackets:

Worcester:   

1. Michigan v 16. AIC

8. U Mass V 9. Duluth

Allentown:

2. Mankato v 15. U Conn

7. Western v 10. Michigan Tech.  (UND will pick up points vs Western but not enough to become a #1 seed)

Loveland:

3. Denver v 14. BU

5. Sioux v 11. Norte Dame

Albany:

4. Gophers v 12. St Cloud

6. Quinn v 13. Ohio St.

Not sure if i did this correct but had to move St. Cloud, Norte Dame and Ohio St around so that teams did not meet conference foe in the first game. 

Not buying it. #4 and #5 should be in same bracket. 

Wearing my green glasses but here goes, don’t know what towns they will play in except Denver/UND in Loveland:

1.  Mankato CCHA vs 16. AIC bottom dwellers/AQ

8. Norte Dame BIG vs !0. Clowns NCHC (moved/clowns and U Mass)

2. Michigan BIG vs 15. BU H.E. (I pick BU as AQ from Hockey East)

7. Western NCHC vs 9. U Mass H.E. (moved Western/Quinn, maybe got that wrong, but had selfish reasons)

3. Gopher BIG vs 14 North Eastern H.E.

6. Quinn ECAC vs 11 Duluth NCHC (Duluth/clowns will split next 4/5 games so that GF hockey boys will make it, I know that is part of Sandelins plan) 

4. UND NCHC vs 13 O State BIG (yes UND sweeps O and we move to a #1, either way DU/UND will be 4 and 5 And both will go to Loveland)

5. Denver NCHC vs 12 Tech CCHA

Round 2:

Mankato vs Clowns

Michigan vs Western (the matchup everyone wants to happen)

Gophers vs Duluth

UND vs Denver. (That puts 5 NCHC teams in final 8 and the NCAA will never allow that, but we can dream a little, that’s what this site is all about)

Frozen four:  Mankato, Western, Minnie and UND 

Write this down, not my final pick but might be!