SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 IIHF World Juniors

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

I came here for updates on the WJT, not a bunch of lunatic rants on COVID-19.  

If there are cancellations based on the COVID-19 rules in place, so be it. 

I came here for updates on the 2031 WJT, not a bunch of lunatic rants on COVID-29.  

If there are cancellations based on the COVID-29 rules in place, so be it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

It is odd.

These players that tested positive are just like Carson Wentz.  They don't give a sh#t about their team. 

I am old enough to remember that if a player had a cold or the flu and didn't hook up to an I.V. to try and be able to play he was letting the team down....now if a player is told he is sick they don't let him play.

So team USA tests again this morning to see if they can play tonight?  Are our two guys going to recover from their bout with Covid in 24 hours?  Seems like short of two false positive tests yesterday USA may as well pack up their gear and head home.  And if they did have false positives yesterday, why didn’t they test the two players a couple times until they got the desired results?

Trust the science.:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So team USA tests again this morning to see if they can play tonight?  Are our two guys going to recover from their bout with Covid in 24 hours?  Seems like short of two false positive tests yesterday USA may as well pack up their gear and head home.  And if they did have false positives yesterday, why didn’t they test the two players a couple times until they got the desired results?

Trust the science.:whistling:

I AM SCIENCE!!!!!  -FAUCI

• Upvote 1

The USA had to be moved aside somehow, yet you can't completely hose them over (as in last in pool and relegated). 

And thus there is the reason this is not a relegation year. 

Happy Gold to Canada. 

< puts tin foil hat back in desk drawer > 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

So team USA tests again this morning to see if they can play tonight?  Are our two guys going to recover from their bout with Covid in 24 hours?

Speculation here, but I would guess the two that tested positive quarantined away from the team and it's the remainder of the team that will test and will get to play provided there are no positives.  

According to IIHF policies, you have to have 8 teams to be considered as a recognized tournament.  There are 10 teams, so if the US is out there isn't much of a margin before this tournament isn't going to be recognized.   So do they all of a sudden change testing policies?  You would think the way things have been going, other players will test positive.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dustin said:

Speculation here, but I would guess the two that tested positive quarantined away from the team and it's the remainder of the team that will test and will get to play provided there are no positives.  

Ok....rumor was that it was two of our goalies.  That leaves USA with one actual goalie?