SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 IIHF World Juniors

The Sicatoka

38 minutes ago, ChadR said:

3 goalies on the roster - 1 was goalie, 1 was forward

Assuming the goalie who tested positive had a goalie for a roommate. With quarantine and time it takes to test and get results it takes awhile for players to find out if they are "sick".

41 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Wouldn't daily booster shots solve the problem??

#letsplayhockey

How many booster shots must one get before they are not healthy to have that many shots in the human body in a calendar year? Asking for science.... science fiction, to be clear. haha.  Sorry, mods or the forum. I had to.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Team Czechia placed into quarantine due to a positive test; will forfeit today’s game.

Its really sad/unfortunate that these have to be considered forfeits instead of postponed or being able to be made up.. I mean I guess I understand why, but it just seems sad to see "forfeit" next to the games schedule.

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Is there something in place to prevent this for the NCAA hockey tournament?   How are all the college football bowl games getting played?

Or even the rest of the season? Are they testing significantly more at the Juniors or something versus the NCAA? Shouldn't be testing at all on healthy skaters.

The remainder of the 2022 World Junior Championship will be canceled, reports TSN's Bob McKenzie.

Three preliminary round contests had been called off over the past two days due to COVID-19 issues. Team USA had to forfeit its game against Switzerland on Tuesday, while Czechia-Finland and Russia-Slovakia were both canceled on Wednesday.

More to come

4 hours ago, jk said:

It's possible the WJC experience could sour some players on the Olympic opportunity.  Like, I've already sat around while games are cancelled once, do I want to go through that again? 

Absolutely. Kids experiencing this will definitely have a new perspective on what could happen. Nonsense all around.

• Upvote 1

"The newly updated CDC guidelines don't require testing at the end of isolation because PCR tests can stay positive for up to 12 weeks"

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/live-updates/coronavirus/?id=81952698

The CDC finally admits what many have long known: that our hypersensitive PCR tests can return a positive result for those who haven't been infectious for months, or who never were. At these sensitivity levels, up to 90% of "cases" can be among those no longer ill or contagious.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

"The newly updated CDC guidelines don't require testing at the end of isolation because PCR tests can stay positive for up to 12 weeks"

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/live-updates/coronavirus/?id=81952698

The CDC finally admits what many have long known: that our hypersensitive PCR tests can return a positive result for those who haven't been infectious for months, or who never were. At these sensitivity levels, up to 90% of "cases" can be among those no longer ill or contagious.

Good grief...  Oh so many cases.. so many cases.. good god this is getting ridiculous. Turn the NHL back on! Turn America back on....