SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 IIHF World Juniors

The Sicatoka

Really wish TSN.ca would allow people in the states, the online streams. They did allow it once within the last 6 years, I think it was 2017 or 2018. US viewership only option being the NHL Network or bust is a disservice to all the young men on team USA, with more than a few of them being future NHL players. So sad!

22 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

That 3rd period from the U.S. definitely left me with some concerns and the first 4-5 minutes of the game was pretty rough at times too but they looked dominant through most of the middle part of the game. Certainly have to clean up some dzone coverage issues. Thought Commesso had a really solid game last night.

I stopped watching after the second period because I was bored with the game. The next morning I find out that USA gave up two goals to make it close. Yikes!

1 minute ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Stop. The. Testing. Already. 

The illusion of control and unquenchable lust for virtue among governments, leaders, and the like is taking all of us down a very dark path. 

I fear this will never end. 

I agree if your not sick, there is no reason to test . Were does it end? We have been duped into thinking we are sick when we feel fine.

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Stop. The. Testing. Already. 

The illusion of control and unquenchable lust for virtue among governments, leaders, and the like is taking all of us down a very dark path. 

I fear this will never end. 

your gonna get a nasty reply by comrade scholss.....testing is the only way to end this....test, then retest and test again...and remember to get your booster carlos tejada.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Your periodic, courtesy reminder that there has been no mathematical or meaningful correlation of a "positive COVID test" to contagiousness, or even sickness or symptomology. 

And unless and until the labs begin reporting quantitative data or signal intensity, a "positive" PCR test is binary ... either a single targeted snippet of DNA is present in a sample, or it is not.

Almost two years in, none of this appears to have changed.  And we continue to build impactful policy - and impose life-altering restrictions on people - without regard to the overall sensitivity, specificity, or even reliability of this "test" with an as-yet undefined (unpublished?) rate of false positivity.

And the rush to increase throughput/capacity has arguably come at the cost of lab QA/QC standards, as it seems doubtful that existing, accredited lab capacity would have been adequate.

Scientifically inexcusable.

This!!!  So much this!!!

It is unbelievable that people are treating Covid on December 28, 2021 the same way they treated Covid on March 28th, 2020.  

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Your periodic, courtesy reminder that there has been no mathematical or meaningful correlation of a "positive COVID test" to contagiousness, or even sickness or symptomology. 

And unless and until the labs begin reporting quantitative data or signal intensity, a "positive" PCR test is binary ... either a single targeted snippet of DNA is present in a sample, or it is not.

Almost two years in, none of this appears to have changed.  And we continue to build impactful policy - and impose life-altering restrictions on people - without regard to the overall sensitivity, specificity, or even reliability of this "test" with an as-yet undefined (unpublished?) rate of false positivity.

And the rush to increase throughput/capacity has arguably come at the cost of lab QA/QC standards, as it seems doubtful that existing, accredited lab capacity would have been adequate.

Scientifically inexcusable.

and if you spin the cycle 44 times you will find what your looking for

• Upvote 1

Omicron hospitalization rate is 90% - 96% lower than the Delta variant.  Also, 90% of people that get the Omicron varient will be asymptomatic.  The overhyped panic (fueled by the Biden Administration, Fauci, and the media) is ridiculous and completely unnecessary.  And as a result, healthy 18-20 year olds with zero symptoms have to forfeit a game for no reason at all. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I came here for updates on the WJT, not a bunch of lunatic rants on COVID-19. opinions different than mine, mostly rooted in fact, but some with added panache/hyperbole, that I can't deal with.

If there are cancellations based on the COVID-19 rules in place, so be it. 

FYP

But, I agree, let's stick to hockey.

• Upvote 1