SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 IIHF World Juniors

The Sicatoka

• 2 weeks later...

The U.S. will play their first game Tuesday night at 9 against Germany.

The rest USA's prelim schedule is Thursday 9 vs. Switzerland, Saturday 1  vs. Austria, and Sunday 9 vs. Sweden. Quarters are Wednesday 8-17, Semis Friday 8-19, and medal games Sunday 8-20.

Haven't been following the developments of this story, so please bear with me if I sound like a buffoon.  So the tournament played this August will count as the 2022 WJC, and then the 2023 WJC will be held in late Dec. / early Jan. like normal? 

4 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Haven't been following the developments of this story, so please bear with me if I sound like a buffoon.  So the tournament played this August will count as the 2022 WJC, and then the 2023 WJC will be held in late Dec. / early Jan. like normal? 

Correct. 

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Correct. 

Thanks.  So how do rosters work?  If you were under 20 back in December, but turned 20 since, are you an eligible player or not?  Also, do any of the results that happened last winter count towards the August tournament, or is everything from scratch?

41 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Thanks.  So how do rosters work?  If you were under 20 back in December, but turned 20 since, are you an eligible player or not?  Also, do any of the results that happened last winter count towards the August tournament, or is everything from scratch?

I believe August will be under the postponed event's eligibility rules.
And it's from scratch because Russia is not there (under sanction from IIHF). Latvia takes the RUS spot.

Dec 2022/Jan 2023 will be under normal IIHF age rules (and I believe RUS will still be out). 

12 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Far from sh^t but yes NHL Network 

Just sucks it's the only way to watch. I still can't believe the NHL Network doesn't have a subscription base/fee. I feel like many NHL fans would pay 2-4.99/month to have the NHL Network to watch this and during peak NHL season and the playoffs. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I believe August will be under the postponed event's eligibility rules.
And it's from scratch because Russia is not there (under sanction from IIHF). Latvia takes the RUS spot.

Dec 2022/Jan 2023 will be under normal IIHF age rules (and I believe RUS will still be out). 

Thank you, sir.