SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

So we’re throwing out the team that had the actually good OL because it’s inconvenient or what?

your smarter than that....lots of teams either didn't play or quit after a few games....easier to make the playoffs if there are only 60 teams competing instead of 120.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

your smarter than that....lots of teams either didn't play or quit after a few games....easier to make the playoffs if there are only 60 teams competing instead of 120.

Or...that season doesn't fit the narrative you're pushing. I'd say you're smarter than that, but I wouldn't want to lie to you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 10/24/2022 at 10:52 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

we missed the playoffs before with 7 wins and a FBS win....

our wins so far aren't against fcs powers....

UNI and Youngstown are winning, those wins will look just fine on our resume. Take care of business first. 

3 hours ago, shep said:

Sooooo...because most of us suck as fans (because we don't call for the coaches' heads) we will never win championships AND (and this is the best part) SU has won those titles because their fans "demands for a winning football team have led to several championships, SO THERE'S THAT FACT YOU CAN'T OVERLOOK."

Silly me, I thought they had really good players all this time and now I realize it was their fans demands that won them those championships.

Gotta admit, I overlooked that fact.

If you think for one minute that NDSU would put up with 6 years of Muss followed by 8 years of Bubba - and then extend him after a 5-6 season you are delusional. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Irish said:

If you think for one minute that NDSU would put up with 6 years of Muss followed by 8 years of Bubba - and then extend him after a 5-6 season you are delusional. 

Been called worse.

But this isn't Bama or Texas or USC in which money talks and coaches get fired because money talks.

Still not sure how the fans create a title because if that were true, the passionate fans here would have done so by now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, shep said:

Been called worse.

But this isn't Bama or Texas or USC in which money talks and coaches get fired because money talks.

Still not sure how the fans create a title because if that were true, the passionate fans here would have done so by now.

So - either NDSU Athletic Directors expect more from their Football Coach or maybe the boosters put pressure on him to not tolerate mediocrity. Either way it's something we don't have.  Why would one college fire an underperforming coach and another extend him?  I think the fanbase expectations enter in.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

see above post 

2 wins against winning teams....2 against losing teams and 1 win against a 500 team.......

What are the records of the other QB's in the MFVC other than the SU's since 2020, or include the SU's if you want.  My guess there would probably be 3....maybe 4 that are better.  

9 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Or including 2020 Bubba is 14-11 as a head coach......

Can’t argue with that.  And after the 2022 season, if I was a betting man I would bet on his record being 16-13 since 2020.  And then after 2023 I would bet on his record somewhere between 22-18 and 21-19 since 2020.(Tommy too).  

Don’t get me wrong,  a record a bit above .500 is not a bad record, but on the other hand it’s a long ways from a great record.

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, shep said:

Sooooo...because most of us suck as fans (because we don't call for the coaches' heads) we will never win championships AND (and this is the best part) SU has won those titles because their fans "demands for a winning football team have led to several championships, SO THERE'S THAT FACT YOU CAN'T OVERLOOK."

Silly me, I thought they had really good players all this time and now I realize it was their fans demands that won them those championships.

Gotta admit, I overlooked that fact.

You really read into things too much. I stated in the post you quoted that things are not as good or as bad as they seem, trying to prevent extremists like you from splitting everything. But, here we are …

NDSU has had really good players because the really good players wanted to go there. And they develop into better players. North Dakota local kids turning into great DI players has been a staple of NDSU for the past decade. Whereas at UND, you had Mussman as coach for several years, losing several games in blowout fashion, including to an NAIA school, and stating that UND shouldn’t recruit ND kids because they aren’t good enough to play DI. Hilarious- set UND back big time while boosting NDSU’s success. But *fans* from 2009-2012 were okay with it, until 2013 came around and then *fans* had enough and put their money where their mouth is and bought him out. 

The NDSU program, including strength and conditioning, is top tier. The boosters and *fans* of NDSU, with Team Makers, have been a major component of NDSU’s football success the last 10+ seasons. To deny that or try make fun of that is just pure ignorance. Put your money where your mouth is; turns out that it works.

Considering the record breaking success NDSU football has had the past decade, only complete idiots would try to belittle that. Instead, the focus needs to be on the future for UND football. And yes, expectations from the *fans* set the future. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Irish said:

Spot on. What do you know? Fans and their expectations do matter, but who would’ve thought?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shep said:

Been called worse.

Well, sure, UND is not Bama or Texas, but nothing says UND football has to extend their coach after a losing season, either. Nothing at all. Unless you want to extend the status quo of mediocrity.

So there’s that.

Also, even if UND is not ‘bama or Texas, they don’t have to pay their football coaches like elementary school janitors*. 

*I apologize in advance if any of you are elementary school janitors. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You really read into things too much. I stated in the post you quoted that things are not as good or as bad as they seem, trying to prevent extremists like you from splitting everything. But, here we are …

NDSU has had really good players because the really good players wanted to go there. And they develop into better players. North Dakota local kids turning into great DI players has been a staple of NDSU for the past decade. Whereas at UND, you had Mussman as coach for several years, losing several games in blowout fashion, including to an NAIA school, and stating that UND shouldn’t recruit ND kids because they aren’t good enough to play DI. Hilarious- set UND back big time while boosting NDSU’s success. But *fans* from 2009-2012 were okay with it, until 2013 came around and then *fans* had enough and put their money where their mouth is and bought him out. 

The NDSU program, including strength and conditioning, is top tier. The boosters and *fans* of NDSU, with Team Makers, have been a major component of NDSU’s football success the last 10+ seasons. To deny that or try make fun of that is just pure ignorance. Put your money where your mouth is; turns out that it works.

Considering the record breaking success NDSU football has had the past decade, only complete idiots would try to belittle that. Instead, the focus needs to be on the future for UND football. And yes, expectations from the *fans* set the future. 

Who bought Mussman out? Like many on this board have said no fan is ok with mediocre seasons and losing. Many don’t think we should have extended Bubba but we did and we can’t change that. UND made this disaster when we mocked NDSU’s move instead of going with them. We have been behind ever since and didn’t give Mussman any help. 

19 hours ago, Irish said:

So - either NDSU Athletic Directors expect more from their Football Coach or maybe the boosters put pressure on him to not tolerate mediocrity. Either way it's something we don't have.  Why would one college fire an underperforming coach and another extend him?  I think the fanbase expectations enter in.

fanbase expectations can go kick dirt if they are not backed up with $$$$$

it’s like the handful of ISU fans having high expectations but bring no money to the table,  high fan expectations mean nothing to athletic directors!

5 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Who bought Mussman out? Like many on this board have said no fan is ok with mediocre seasons and losing. Many don’t think we should have extended Bubba but we did and we can’t change that. UND made this disaster when we mocked NDSU’s move instead of going with them. We have been behind ever since and didn’t give Mussman any help. 

A couple of years ago someone in the know posted lots of information why UND was not in the situation to move up along with su. There was a lot going on at UND at the time and it wasn't just because UND was digging its feet in the sand. It made a lot of sense so it is tiresome to revisit the myth that the only reason UND didn't move up was because they were mocking su. 

14 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

No degree of help in the world could have ultimately helped Mussman. What’s he doing nowadays? 

Horrible in-bred promotion hire when Lennon left. Sound familiar? 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

it’s like the handful of ISU fans having high expectations but bring no money to the table,  high fan expectations mean nothing to athletic directors!

They do bring money to the table, that’s the point. Perhaps too much, which is a point of contemporary controversy. Do some research.