SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

of course you have a better QB than him already, of course.  

Don’t know if he is better but he is a hell of an athlete and good QB. They won’t be benching a kid that keeps winning it is hard for someone to start 4 years no matter how good you are.

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Would have been nice to land him but I think he would have sat behind the Payton kid from Omaha for a few years anyway. 

Washington has a 5* QB who's was a top 15 player in national rankings that is the same age as Payton. I don't think it was competition he was afraid of. But go with that theory I guess?

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I intend to enjoy in person our game at Lincoln. I would enjoy more a win but will  enjoy and represent no matter.

I have been to 5 games in Lincoln as a long time Husker fan. Would have loved to make the trip for this one but I have to run a National Softball Tournament in Fargo that weekend.

6 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Should have asked a different question.  I meant to ask, when was the last time Wisconsin produced a decent QB outside of the 1 year with Wilson. 

I guess sarcasm doesn't come across well.  I was agreeing with you when I mentioned of Rose Bowl MVP from 60 years ago.

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Washington has a 5* QB who's was a top 15 player in national rankings that is the same age as Payton. I don't think it was competition he was afraid of. But go with that theory I guess?

I wasn't saying he was afraid of any competition. He obviously liked U of Wash more than NDSU. I have no problem with that. I was just saying NDSU aren't crying in their beer because he chose U of W.  The cupboard isn't bare in the QB room at NDSU.

22 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I wasn't saying he was afraid of any competition. He obviously liked U of Wash more than NDSU. I have no problem with that. I was just saying NDSU aren't crying in their beer because he chose U of W.  The cupboard isn't bare in the QB room at NDSU.

who said it was?

• Upvote 1

Well, adding USC and UCLA to the Big 10 is interesting…. Paper speculated the SEC snd Big 10 are moving towards semi-pro…..their media contract ends in 2023 ($2.6B, yes B, over 6 years).  Adding USC and UCLA would “enhance the Big 10’s appeal for TV ratings. Estimates are that each school could receive $100 M annually.”

I miss outdoor football… the Memorial  Stadium and others. 

27 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

The only football leagues with staying power have been College FB, NFL, and Lingerie football:D.  A Semi-Pro division might have some relevance because it's feeding the NFL but prior to the NLI and transfer portal crap College FB has been all about tradition.   UND back to the Valley gave us what back?....tradition, which is a solid foundation.  Football is on a slippery slope with it's divisions but hopefully the "Pandemic" and Wokeism crap is behind us.  

I agree and I like tradition….

On 6/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

It was bad. One of those games (which was basically all of them) where Rudolph was completely overmatched as offensive coordinator. Also one of those games where Bubba was punting on 4th and short in Washington territory …

it was an awful no-balls performance 

I’ll give Eric Schmidt credit, defense played well in the first half. Got worn out in 2nd half. Ironically Schmidt now coaching at Washington …

One of the worst 4th down decisions ever - not THE worst though.  Clearly Bubba has learned nothing since then.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Does the MVFC have some type of conference meeting thing with representatives from each team in July similar to what the Big Sky had?  If I recall Big Sky had something and Bubba and at least one or two players would go to represent the school. 

34 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Does the MVFC have some type of conference meeting thing with representatives from each team in July similar to what the Big Sky had?  If I recall Big Sky had something and Bubba and at least one or two players would go to represent the school. 

There will be a Missouri Valley Football Conference media day. It was on July 27, 2021 last year. I haven’t heard what the date is for this year.

• Upvote 2

On 7/11/2022 at 11:14 AM, Sioux94 said:

Media day is scheduled for 8/1-8/2 for the Missouri Valley Football Conference and will be all virtual. 

Listening to Tom Miller, guest on Nebraska radio ...

• Nebraska guys call UND "Nebraska of FCS" last season with all the close, find-way-to-lose games
  • Miller not sure personnel issues all addressed, specifically FG kicking (35 yd FGs problem)
  • MVFC is tough and opportunity: A single loss is not devastating to season like BSC; top half MVFC always get post-season looks
  • Prediction: NDSU, SDSU, then cluster of five: MoiSt, UNI, SIU, USD, UND; then field 
  • Challenge of playing FBS: unique experience, within fan driving distance is new, Utah/Wash games were good experience, 
  • What should Nebraska worry about? Creative offense, "trickeration", Utah State game had 3 QB with TD pass, not ground-pound yet, new RB,
  • UND plays pressure 3-4 D, exposes DBs; want to get after QB
  • Stands out now? Maag, couple tackles may be all-conf

Nebraska radio guy says UND's more important game is seven days later at UNI. Called UND easiest game on NU's schedule (duh, FCS game). Did acknowledge the travel NU will be doing before (Ireland game v NW'n). He sounded scared of a slow start "Utah State" scenario (go down 14) should it happen. 

I've never been more interested in the 2-Deep release as I am this year. The more transfers (Anderson, Bryant, Oliphant, Hembry, Wilson, Buckner, Cooper, Ogbu) that find themselves on it the better in most cases. Here's what I'm hoping for. Transfers on the Depth Chart.

• O-Line: 2 Starters / 1 Backup
  • WR: 1 Backup
  • DL: 0 (This is the biggest "most cases" example. Hoping Ogbu is more in that 3rd D-End spot, so just off the depth chart)
  • CB: 1 Backup
  • Safety: 1 Starter
  • OLB: 1 Backup