SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

45 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

QB play needs to be improved or 2022 will be another "meh" season. Unsure if Schuster can improve or if just need another player to step up and surpass him. My guess, the coaches don't even know that; waiting until Fall Camp. 

Danny needs to make Shuster run half a dozen times a game.  Offense will need to carry the team more this year out of the gate as the D gets some new faces experience.

Coaching needs to be better in game.

Need to find someone who is money on field goals from inside 45 yards.

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

A controlled QB run/draw early in each half used to settle down Ketteringham and Landry (and Freund). I think the contact got rid of the yips and got them into the game. 

Agree, also makes the opposing DC account for the QB on every play.

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

QB play needs to be improved or 2022 will be another "meh" season. Unsure if Schuster can improve or if just need another player to step up and surpass him. My guess, the coaches don't even know that; waiting until Fall Camp. 

I agree that QB play needs to take a step forward next year.

I would also like to see our WR core step up as well.  

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I agree that QB play needs to take a step forward next year.

I would also like to see our WR core step up as well.  

I think all three...OL, QB, and WR's have room for improvement and need to step up.  We lost Matt on the OL, but I sure hope our OL as an entire group steps up and we are better than last year.  Should we chose to run it up the gut on 2nd and short, I would hope that we can pick it up instead of lose a yard.  Maag needs to take a queue from Toivenen and really step up his game and dominate this year now that he will hopefully be fully healthy.

7 minutes ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

1. Very amateur writing

2. Good lord, even in football they can't stop insisting that UND and Omaha are rivals, even though it's never gonna happen

It is what it is. Big Ten football school looking down on FCS football program. Hurts that NDSU gets as much pub as UND in that article, but that is the reality that NDSU has created for themselves (and to a degree UND by not going DI back in 2004, but that is a major aside). As much as I hate it, UND will continue to get "hockey school" listed in front of them again and again ... because it is accurate. 

Memorial Stadium (the one still standing) is an awesome place to watch a football game. I hope Bubba has his team prepared to not !@#$ the bed, because UND has failed to play up to their competition in other Power 5 conference games under his watch (2018 @ Washington, 2017 @ Utah). 

9 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I didn't realize that Nebraska was playing their first game over in Ireland. While they will have an advantage of having a game under their belt, hopefully they will be jet lagged and be overlooking us. 

Screenshot_20220628-223152.png

I think the score will be closer than the Washington game. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Jeez I hope so 

45-3 was and is an embarrassment 

The only offense we had that game was Santiago making plays.  Our offense is much better now, and sounds like Nebraska has a young defense.  So hopefully our offense will be able to put up some points to give us a chance.  

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Jeez I hope so 

45-3 was and is an embarrassment 

That game was not nearly as bad as the score indicated. UND managed to shut down Gaskins outside of one run. Just wore out towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

If UND could have scored on the drive early in the second quarter instead of stalling at midfield, which Washington turned around and had an 87 yard drive, it could have been different. Fun game to be at and their fans were very complimentary of UND.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

That game was not nearly as bad as the score indicated. UND managed to shut down Gaskins outside of one run. Just wore out towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

If UND could have scored on the drive early in the second quarter instead of stalling at midfield, which Washington turned around and had an 87 yard drive, it could have been different. Fun game to be at and their fans were very complimentary of UND.

And if we could have gotten into the endzone after Santiago's long run, which gave us some momentum..............................

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jdub27 said:

It was bad. One of those games (which was basically all of them) where Rudolph was completely overmatched as offensive coordinator. Also one of those games where Bubba was punting on 4th and short in Washington territory …

it was an awful no-balls performance 

I’ll give Eric Schmidt credit, defense played well in the first half. Got worn out in 2nd half. Ironically Schmidt now coaching at Washington …

• Upvote 1