SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Fun game to be at and their fans were very complimentary of UND.

Well, I mean, UND gave Washington a 45-3 victory so I would expect them to be complimentary. Glad they had nice things to say, though. It would be more fun if UND would win. Make it to the 2015 Wyoming game in Laramie?

36 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The bad news about Washington is HC Kalen DeBoer and STC Eric Schmidt. They both know all of Bubba's tendencies of 20-30 years ago which means they know all about him today and tomorrow. 

I just saw that DeBoer got Lincoln Kienholz, the highly recruited QB from Pierre.   This further solidifies my belief that we should have hired DeBoer instead of Bubba.   Kienholz supposedly narrowed it down to the Bison or Washington so all of FCS dodged a bullet there.

4 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Can Nebraska tickets be purchased through UND? 

I got mine thru the Neb website….I only needed one ticket so easy…. I may be seated in a sea of Nebraska people but I will be wearing my UND t-shirt. Is there UND tailgating? 

31 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I just saw that DeBoer got Lincoln Kienholz, the highly recruited QB from Pierre.   This further solidifies my belief that we should have hired DeBoer instead of Bubba.   Kienholz supposedly narrowed it down to the Bison or Washington so all of FCS dodged a bullet there.

Where does it say NDSU was in his final two?

10 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Well, I mean, UND gave Washington a 45-3 victory so I would expect them to be complimentary. Glad they had nice things to say, though. It would be more fun if UND would win. Make it to the 2015 Wyoming game in Laramie?

I get it, final score wasn't what anyone here wanted and it escalated quickly in the 4th quarter.
Just pointed out that their fans were very frustrated with their team for the majority of the game and complimentary of UND giving them a better game than they anticipated before they pulled away. The comments were during the game while it was still competitive.

I didn't make it to Laramie. Would have loved to see Bohl walking off the field that day though.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Can Nebraska tickets be purchased through UND? 

Season ticket holders and champion members had a chance a while back to purchase tickets through UND. Now I'm thinking you would have to go through Nebraska website.

35 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

"Sources" :silly:

I'm not sure this is free but here's where I saw it.   Seventh paragraph, Dom Izzo story so that doesn't prove it's true but I didn't make it up.  https://www.inforum.com/sports/college/hot-mic-with-dom-izzo-despite-kienholz-choosing-elsewhere-ndsu-is-now-a-national-recruiting-factor

Two sources confirm to WDAY Sports that Kienholz had narrowed his choice between Washington and NDSU.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I'm not sure this is free but here's where I saw it.   Seventh paragraph, Dom Izzo story so that doesn't prove it's true but I didn't make it up.  https://www.inforum.com/sports/college/hot-mic-with-dom-izzo-despite-kienholz-choosing-elsewhere-ndsu-is-now-a-national-recruiting-factor

Two sources confirm to WDAY Sports that Kienholz had narrowed his choice between Washington and NDSU.

It wasn't a shot at you, I previously saw that same thing you did.
More of a jab at NDSU/Fargo media (same thing, amirite?). There was nothing anywhere official outside of them being in his top 4, which is pretty impressive given his offer sheet. Will be fun to watch a UND commit block for him all season, hoping we get him signed as he'll definitely have a lot more eyes on him this year playing with Kienholz.

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

It wasn't a shot at you, I previously saw that same thing you did.
More of a jab at NDSU/Fargo media (same thing, amirite?). There was nothing anywhere official outside of them being in his top 4, which is pretty impressive given his offer sheet. Will be fun to watch a UND commit block for him all season, hoping we get him signed as he'll definitely have a lot more eyes on him this year playing with Kienholz.

Actually I'm glad the Bison were his number 2 choice.   They came oh so close only to get their hearts ripped out

2 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Agree 100%. But I don't think DeBoer would still be here; he would have gotten poached within the first five years.

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

How? Thanks!

I got mine on Feb. 3, which may be when they first went on sale.  The confirmation email was from UND Athletics, but the word "Ticketmaster" appears on the email, so it looks like the purchase was actually made through them.  I tried picking them up at the Ralph when we were in No. Dakota last week, but they said I'd have to pick them up at Will Call on gameday.

2 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Actually I'm glad the Bison were his number 2 choice.   They came oh so close only to get their hearts ripped out

Would have been nice to land him but I think he would have sat behind the Payton kid from Omaha for a few years anyway. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Brooks didn't turn out too bad.

3 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

Ron Vander Kelen?

Should have asked a different question.  I meant to ask, when was the last time Wisconsin produced a decent QB outside of the 1 year with Wilson.