SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I've never been more interested in the 2-Deep release as I am this year. The more transfers (Anderson, Bryant, Oliphant, Hembry, Wilson, Buckner, Cooper, Ogbu) that find themselves on it the better in most cases. Here's what I'm hoping for. Transfers on the Depth Chart.

• O-Line: 2 Starters / 1 Backup
  • WR: 1 Backup
  • DL: 0 (This is the biggest "most cases" example. Hoping Ogbu is more in that 3rd D-End spot, so just off the depth chart)
  • CB: 1 Backup
  • Safety: 1 Starter
  • OLB: 1 Backup

It will definitely be one of the more interesting fall camps in a while.  With so many transfers expected to have an immediate impact, hopefully many of them are the real deal and end up cracking the starting lineup and/or 2 deep.  QB may also be a little more interesting but not sure.  With both Feeney and Quincy being in the program a little longer, will they actually give Schuster a run for the starting job?   I'd say most likely it will still be Tommy.  With hopefully having some more depth at QB they will advise Tommy to run a little more.  

I'm back from my 4 week stint back in ND.....and am ready for some football soon!! 

Link to the FCS fans Nation podcast ranking all teams.  Go to the 45 minute mark, they have UND ranked #37 and the only thing they say about us is to joke about us being the best DII team.  We really need to beat Northern Iowa and some of these others this year, sick of not even being thought of as a Top 25 team.  We need to start a run of good seasons to get some respect.  

I watched some of this and my take this is based on past history and top teams hard to argue with because they are top teams in Big Sky and MIssouri Valley and our history in Missouri Valley has been very inconsistent last two years. Second last year we lost some very close games that we should have won but didn't for number of reasons. We have very tough schedule this year again but we do get to play number of teams we lost too this year at home which i believe will be a big difference.  I don't think were number 37 team but only way to prove that is just play the games. My guess were around number 25 to number 15 team as we stand now. The big difference  between us and alot of the teams in top 10 is we are just not as deep with players ready to step up across whole team as we should be and i see improvement but its going to take time to build the program to that level. That said i believe if we play up to our potential we can beat these top 10 teams but can we do it through whole season  when we need to go next level of players across the team. Thats has been difference i believe but that may be changing with total shakeup in college sports and transfer rules we may see where the NDSU's and SDSU's players will be poached by FBS in the coming years.

This team needs to start the season fast this fall.  It's last "good win" was vs USD in the Spring of 2021.  Since then it has beaten some bad to average teams and lost to every team with a winning record.  

Nebraska will very likely be a loss, but we need to keep it respectable.  Possibly the biggest game of the season will be the second week, hosting UNI.  That game will likely set the tone for the season.  A win is desperately needed in that one to get some swagger back.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Link to the FCS fans Nation podcast ranking all teams.  Go to the 45 minute mark, they have UND ranked #37 and the only thing they say about us is to joke about us being the best DII team.  We really need to beat Northern Iowa and some of these others this year, sick of not even being thought of as a Top 25 team.  We need to start a run of good seasons to get some respect.  

Just a couple of guys with microphones and a spare room. They really showed their bias and lack of class. As a top 40 team we deserved more than two stupid snide remarks. Yah I get that respect is earned but they talked for 45 minutes on teams ranked 50-130. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Just a couple of guys with microphones and a spare room. They really showed their bias and lack of class. As a top 40 team we deserved more than two stupid snide remarks. Yah I get that respect is earned but they talked for 45 minutes on teams ranked 50-130. 

Host went to Ndsu so that checks out

57 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I guess that’s what you get with naia podcast people 

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We will be better than what many think.

Yeah let them think we won’t be good. Honestly it doesn’t take much in the FCS to be a top 25 team, what is there 3 serious conferences? our team last year performed much better than our record. Time to make up for it this year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Yeah let them think we won’t be good. Honestly it doesn’t take much in the FCS to be a top 25 team, what is there 3 serious conferences? our team last year performed much better than our record. Time to make up for it this year!

I agree, some of the teams ahead of us likely wouldn't have much of a chance to finish in the top half of the MVFC.  We did it to ourselves last year and screwed the pooch on those close games. Given our record I get outsiders not having us in their To 25.....but 37....seems to not be giving us much credit.  We are under the radar to start the year this year for sure, time to blow that up by beating UNI.  I think the two games I want to win most are the UNI and Missouri St. games next year.  Need to beat UNI to get off to a good start and get some momentum, plus we all talk so much s**t about them if they beat us in our house I guess they get the last laugh.  And Missouri St. all of the sudden thinks they are a top tier team and seem a little full of themselves.  They do have talent and a good coach though.  Here is to outcoaching them that game  and getting the win.  :)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Wait a second how come pretty much all of the tickets are sold for the UND game except for singles, but the SDSU game who is now their rival still have a ton of tickets left to sell. Can someone explain to me who is the true rival? Calling on simple Dan!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Wait a second how come pretty much all of the tickets are sold for the UND game except for singles, but the SDSU game who is now their rival still have a ton of tickets left to sell. Can someone explain to me who is the true rival? Calling on simple Dan!

It’s a miracle!

:)

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

More UND fans are willing to drive an hour for a game than JAcks fans are willing to drive 3 hours for a game.  Heck, they can barely fill their own stadium!!

(But I see the point you are making, and yes I make sure my Bison fans friends realize this) :D

On 7/28/2022 at 6:09 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

We will be better than what many think.

The ego of this team has yet to be revealed. 2021 team didn’t have the winning edge, hence all the 4th quarter collapses. I don’t know if anything has changed to get this team over the hump in 2022, but I’m not around the team so will have to wait until 9/3/22 to see. Same coaching staff, same QB, etc. concerns me but football teams are large so maybe some intangibles on the squad have changed that I’m not aware of.