SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

48 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Well at least we shouldn't have to hear about their tough schedule this year, since ours is tougher than theirs.   They don't play NDSU this year and I see Utah Tech on their schedule, never heard of them.  But somehow I think we will hear throughout the year how tough their schedule is.........and that they sure play tough against NDSU when they do play them! 

Utah Tech is the new name for Dixie State (if you are familiar with them at all)

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Well at least we shouldn't have to hear about their tough schedule this year, since ours is tougher than theirs.   They don't play NDSU this year and I see Utah Tech on their schedule, never heard of them.  But somehow I think we will hear throughout the year how tough their schedule is.........and that they sure play tough against NDSU when they do play them! 

Seems like every year when UND beats someone ranked, rather than giving UND credit for beating a ranked team, the narrative becomes that team was overrated. 

If need to book hotel rooms for footballs do it now.  I had difficulty and prices are crazy.  I usually stay two night for long drive.  Not this year One night only.  Book a night in Fargo after Missouri State came.  My choice of hotels were sold out.  UNI was sold out as well but because my status they accepted my reservation.

4 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

If need to book hotel rooms for footballs do it now.  I had difficulty and prices are crazy.  I usually stay two night for long drive.  Not this year One night only.  Book a night in Fargo after Missouri State came.  My choice of hotels were sold out.  UNI was sold out as well but because my status they accepted my reservation.

You told them you knew GFHockey and they found a room for you?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

You told them you knew GFHockey and they found a room for you?

Lol. I tried that first and they said not enough alcohol available.  No I have a elite member for sometimes.  Matter of fact I got a room in Missoula when the claim was sold for Griz homecoming a few years back.  Nice perks.  Although a griz alumni puked in the room the night before so delayed because of cleaning.  Hotel was walking distance to the stadium.  Best part was watching santiagoooo take it to the house first play after kick off.  Down hill from there.  I left in the 3rd qtr.  

52 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Lol. I tried that first and they said not enough alcohol available.  No I have a elite member for sometimes.  Matter of fact I got a room in Missoula when the claim was sold for Griz homecoming a few years back.  Nice perks.  Although a griz alumni puked in the room the night before so delayed because of cleaning.  Hotel was walking distance to the stadium.  Best part was watching santiagoooo take it to the house first play after kick off.  Down hill from there.  I left in the 3rd qtr.  

That might have been one of the most disappointed I've ever been watching UND football haha.  Such high hopes after that happened... 

14 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Looks like some changes in the athletic department may solve some issues… getting a better atmosphere before, during, and after games… sponsorships, pizza give aways, whatever it takes!

Not too convinced these changes will do much, but we will certainly see.

13 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Days are flying by

I need to make travel plans for Nebraska - probably stay in Omaha and get to Lincoln early for the 2:30  game

- anybody tailgating together or just finding husker fans to hang with

hope for a good showing by the team and lots of UND fans

Our plan is to just walk around and meet some friendly Nebraska fans!!  I've heard the Haymarket Park west of the stadium is a good place to tailgate.  Bifg lot next to the baseball stadium.  Will probably start there then head down right next to the stadium.  So glad this is a 2:30 game and not 11 am.  Makes it nice for the pre and post game festivities!! :D

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Our plan is to just walk around and meet some friendly Nebraska fans!!  I've heard the Haymarket Park west of the stadium is a good place to tailgate.  Bifg lot next to the baseball stadium.  Will probably start there then head down right next to the stadium.  So glad this is a 2:30 game and not 11 am.  Makes it nice for the pre and post game festivities!! :D

Attended a Nebraska game a few years back and the game day experience is outstanding.

I would echo what you've heard about Haymarket. Massive gathering with restaurants, bars and an enormous courtyard with very large screens to watch games. If you don't have a tailgate spot lined up, I would recommend hanging out at the Haymarket.

Fans were the nicest, most knowledgeable, passionate fanbase I've ever been around. I'm sure you'll really enjoy your time there.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Attended a Nebraska game a few years back and the game day experience is outstanding.

I would echo what you've heard about Haymarket. Massive gathering with restaurants, bars and an enormous courtyard with very large screens to watch games. If you don't have a tailgate spot lined up, I would recommend hanging out at the Haymarket.

Fans were the nicest, most knowledgeable, passionate fanbase I've ever been around. I'm sure you'll really enjoy your time there.

[Purple] Surely, you must mean aside from the Bison faithful? Right? [Purple] ;)

jk

15 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Days are flying by

I need to make travel plans for Nebraska - probably stay in Omaha and get to Lincoln early for the 2:30  game

- anybody tailgating together or just finding husker fans to hang with

hope for a good showing by the team and lots of UND fans

Our group of 4 or 5 will be there ready to tailgate! 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Good to know.  Thanks.

Any reports on how the QBs are doing in summer workouts?  I hope this year when I watch from the stands I don’t know what play is going to happen before the ball is snapped.  Seems like we are so predictable.  I hope the coaches are working on getting plays called on time without using timeouts.  I hope there is another leader like digger Anderson was or another recking ball like Hendrickson was on defense.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kab said:

Any reports on how the QBs are doing in summer workouts?  I hope this year when I watch from the stands I don’t know what play is going to happen before the ball is snapped.  Seems like we are so predictable.  I hope the coaches are working on getting plays called on time without using timeouts.  I hope there is another leader like digger Anderson was or another recking ball like Hendrickson was on defense.

QB play needs to be improved or 2022 will be another "meh" season. Unsure if Schuster can improve or if just need another player to step up and surpass him. My guess, the coaches don't even know that; waiting until Fall Camp. 

1 hour ago, Kab said:

I hope this year when I watch from the stands I don’t know what play is going to happen before the ball is snapped.  Seems like we are so predictable. 

Part of that is the coaches being predictable.
Part of that is you being a fan and knowing your team and their tendencies. 

Geek Alert:
Freund needs to come up with his own "Riker Alpha One" maneuvers and not be locked into how Picard (aka Locutus of Bubba) always does things. 

• Upvote 2