SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT Friday - Minnesota vs NoDak at The Ralph - 2 storied programs that helped put college hockey on the map.

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

9 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Wow what an embarrassment. I should have spend my time and money supporting the football team because this hockey team is awful. We cannot be blown out by a crappy team at home especially when it’s a rivalry game. 

I have bad news for you the football team isn't any better off 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Wow what an embarrassment. I should have spend my time and money supporting the football team because this hockey team is awful. We cannot be blown out by a crappy team at home especially when it’s a rivalry game. 

That Gopher team isn’t crappy, but I won’t argue that it was embarrassing and the effort wasnt there. 

2 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Gophers went to the frozen four and returned pretty much their whole roster anyone who thought this was a bad Gophers team was fooling themselves 

They didn’t go to the Frozen Four. They lost to Mankato in the regional final. But the rest of your statement is correct. 

7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Remind me what time is kickoff for UND FB today?

Asking for Bubba.......

#BlameTommy

8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

This team isn’t awful and the Gophers are far from crappy. Yes the Sioux were bad last night and the Gophers had a lot to do with that. Can’t remember the last time they punched us in the face and we had no response. This team has been Jekyll and Hyde all year. I expect the other personality to come out tonight 

9 hours ago, brianvf said:

Yeah, he's 2nd on the UMass team in scoring.  As a freshman defenseman.  He's at almost a pt/gm pace right now.
I don't pretend to know all the in's and out's as to why he packed up and picked UMass instead...but if the real reason was because Berry wanted Johnson to come in instead and push Morrow back...then that decision is looking very foolish right now.

It’s deeper than that. There’s a parent issue, etc. But the kid is great I’ve heard from a very good source. He’s one we did not want to lose.

8 hours ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Gophers went to the frozen four and returned pretty much their whole roster anyone who thought this was a bad Gophers team was fooling themselves 

Agreed. Gophs have had a brutal start. I had them top 3 entering this year. But…the lack of discipline and energy to start the game coupled with what seemed like a super conservative game plan was mind boggling. Dump chase. dump chase, etc. No one but Sanderson and gaber were trying to make plays. And obv Sanderson still is off, didn’t play good at all last night. He should bounce back tonight.

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Crappy Team? Other than Michigan, Minnesota has the most talented team in the country. UND has to beat them as a team and do the intangibles which has usually been the case over the years. If you are doing an honest assessment of talent and were forming 1 team from these rosters you would end up with 2-3 defensemen and 3-4 forwards from UND to make the 18 man lineup.

The thing that sticks out to me is how soon the players seem to have forgotten last Friday’s effort and performance. I give them a lot of credit for how they responded last Saturday but then last night felt like they regressed right back to last Friday (the lazy penalties, the general lack of effort and intensity). Berry seems to know how to get his players to respond to a poor performance so let’s hope tonight we see better. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, tnt said:

You also can’t count on pulling out a new business suit in white to make up for uninspired play the night before.  Would guess they pull out the Nodak jerseys tomorrow.

The Jersey thing has been overused imo. Like we think we’re Clark Kent changing in a phone booth into his Super Man outfit. Getting old.