SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT Friday - Minnesota vs NoDak at The Ralph - 2 storied programs that helped put college hockey on the map.

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

44 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

What’s the point of a $6 million scoreboard if you rarely show a replay on it? Less Simba and kisses and more replays please!

Amen. Brand new scoreboard at Robson arena and do you think they show replays of the visitors’ goals against CC? -Nope. Such petty, small minded thinking. I Wanna tell someone, “The program showing replays of the other teams’ goals doesn’t diminish their loyalty to the Tigers.” Plays happen so fast sometimes, even if you’re paying attention, your brain doesn’t fully capture the development of the play so seeing replays helps. Instead, they wanna have the over used kiss cam, and crap like that. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

The thing that sticks out to me is how soon the players seem to have forgotten last Friday’s effort and performance. I give them a lot of credit for how they responded last Saturday but then last night felt like they regressed right back to last Friday (the lazy penalties, the general lack of effort and intensity). Berry seems to know how to get his players to respond to a poor performance so let’s hope tonight we see better. 

People overreacting when last weekend was the same against an arguably better team than UM. Let the weekend play out and we can see how they respond. Couch/keyboard coaches are out in full force. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Langster019 said:

People overreacting when last weekend was the same against an arguably better team than UM. Let the weekend play out and we can see how they respond. Couch/keyboard coaches are out in full force. 

I think the Gophers may be better than Duluth. As much as that pains me to say. Size and talent up the wazoo. They’ll choke though at tourney time despite all that.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Where’s TJ Oshie when we need him to tell Gaber “we don’t do that here” like he did Kristo

I was yelling at my TV:  Save the Celly for when you tie the game, Gaber!  Making it a 1-3 game was not the moment.

Here's hoping that Driscol can get both a focus on, as well as some puck luck tonight.  All three of the first goals were flukes.  Not even sure the first one crossed the line fully.  But, the next two were just bizarre.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Oldguy said:

I was yelling at my TV:  Save the Celly for when you tie the game, Gaber!  Making it a 1-3 game was not the moment.

Here's hoping that Driscoll can get both a focus on, as well as some puck luck tonight.  All three of the first goals were flukes.  Not even sure the first one crossed the line fully.  But, the next two were just bizarre.

Might want to go check out a replay.