SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Missouri State, Oct. 30, 2pm

AJS

anyone have any idea if there is a way to watch the 2nd half?  I would be interested in doing so.. although i might be a glutton for punishment.

I would really like to see the 3rd quarter as it sounded like we had quite a good quarter and then played about as bad as possible the last 10 minutes of the game.  I would like to see the trick play on 4th down, the Otis fumble, and the defense fall apart and see if it was as bad as we are all making it out to be.  I checked the ESPN app and the on demand coverage drops at the end of the 1st half as well.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

anyone have any idea if there is a way to watch the 2nd half?  I would be interested in doing so.. although i might be a glutton for punishment.

I would really like to see the 3rd quarter as it sounded like we had quite a good quarter and then played about as bad as possible the last 10 minutes of the game.  I would like to see the trick play on 4th down, the Otis fumble, and the defense fall apart and see if it was as bad as we are all making it out to be.  I checked the ESPN app and the on demand coverage drops at the end of the 1st half as well.

Last week I watched the game on Monday on ESPN plus. They botched it today, but I wonder if they can fix it for the replay.

2 hours ago, wheelsup said:

Last 7 mins was what was rough, convert that 4th and 2 and the game is put away. Why are we blaming Bubba  for the trick play and not Danny? 

take away that last minute fumble and the game is also put away.

Not sure how this loss was on Bubba today……..???

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Last 7 mins was what was rough, convert that 4th and 2 and the game is put away. Why are we blaming Bubba  for the trick play and not Danny? 

Because Bubba holds a position titled head football coach …

From a microanalytical perspective, sure, I get what you’re saying, but he’s the head coach; his team’s successes and failures all come back to him. Ultimately, ALL decisions made are under his authority. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Because Bubba holds a position titled head football coach …

From a microanalytical perspective, sure, I get what you’re saying, but he’s the head coach; his team’s successes and failures all come back to him. Ultimately, ALL decisions made are under his authority. 

The big problem is the tendency to lose games which should/could be won.  UND was good enough to win all 4 MVFC games lost this season.  In each loss, there are some "duh" coaching moments in each game.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Different standard and culture, from top/down. If hockey, $ would be there to fire/replace incompetent coaches. 

Ultimately, Bubba will be UND’s coach in 2022 unless he retires/resigns. New coach in 2023 at earliest. 

Not ready for a new coach quite yet. Until these loses turn into a season of blow outs it is really not time for a Coaching change. I honestly think people are more pissed we lost 4 games of which we should have won all of them, than if we got blew out by those same teams. !@#!$ feeling I know but a wholesale change will be bad for the program.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

This is exactly what I said.. the early decision to punt from the 36 was a bubba call.

the trick play on 4th was a Danny call..

the last fumble was on Otis.. 

the defense combusting in the 4th quarter was on? I didn’t get to see it due to espn+ garbage but it sounded like a lot of different issues. 

so it seems there is plenty of coach blame to go around.. seems like bubba.. Danny and holinka all have some thinking to do.. might as well throw in kostich as we continue to kick off out of bounds and don’t have faith in ability to kick FG

Just now, Kab said:

Will bubba start playing some of the freshman more now for experience 

what would it hurt as long as they don’t play in 5 games 

I think Bubba will want to try to win out the rest of the season and finish with a winning. Theoretically, a 6-5 record could make the playoffs although plenty of other things would have to fall in place. 

5 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

If Tom Miller is on here, how about a point blank question asking how many practices and team meetings Otis has been late or missed completely.

Just ask around a bit.  Will be interesting to see how they manage this going forward.

There were reasons Otis had very limited college options, and talent wasn’t one of them. 

4 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Not really sure what to think because i am in nashville with 15k or more und fans and still couldnt hardley watch the game.  !@#$ chaves 

There's much doom and gloom on this side of the Forum, but it's Armageddon over on the hockey side.

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

It’s funny some of you Otis haters are blaming this all on him. I really think some of you legitimately want him to F up and get kicked off the team. Some of you are pathetic and are the reason I hate people sometimes. 

No good to hate, just causes negative feelings within, but you're feelings are correct-too many are cheering for him to fail.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

This game should have been over prior to the Weah fumble.....that's on the coaching staff not Otis.

Imagine being up 28-17 vs Missouri State with under 7 minutes in the 4th qtr in a must win for your team's playoff hopes.  Your offense is running for over 6 yard per carry.  It's 4th and 2 at the MSU 29 yard line.  Instead of just handing off the ball to Otis Weah or having Quincy Vaughn keep the ball and likely run for the first down, at the last moment QV steps to the side and the ball is snapped directly to Otis who turns to run to the right on outside zone play. Instead of running for the first down, he is supposed to hand the ball off to Belquist on a reverse to the left.  The exchange between Otis and Belquist is very bad to say the least and the ball is turned over to MSU at the MSU 37.

Did I mention we had a 2 score lead?

Did I mention we were averaging over 6 yards per carry?

Did I mention we direct snapped it to someone who I don't think has EVER taken a direct snap for the Hawks in a game and assumed he would cleanly hand it off to a WR about 7 yards deep in the backfield on a 4th and 2?

That is how good teams lose football games to lesser teams.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Imagine being up 25-17 vs Missouri State with under 7 minutes in the 4th qtr in a must win for your team's playoff hopes.  Your offense is running for over 6 yard per carry.  It's 4th and 2 at the MSU 29 yard line.  Instead of just handing off the ball to Otis Weah or having Quincy Vaughn keep the ball and likely run for the first down, at the last moment QV steps to the side and the ball is snapped directly to Otis who turns to run to the right on outside zone play. Instead of running for the first down, he is supposed to hand the ball off to Belquist on a reverse to the left.  The exchange between Otis and Belquist is very bad to say the least and the ball is turned over to MSU at the MSU 37.

Did I mention we had a 2 score lead?

Did I mention we were averaging over 6 yards per carry?

Did I mention we direct snapped it to someone who I don't think has EVER taken a direct snap for the Hawks in a game and assumed he would cleanly hand it off to a WR about 7 yards deep in the backfield on a 4th and 2?

It seems like that is how good teams lose football games to lesser teams.

I just can't believe Bubba heard that play call on the headset and went with it.  Waletzco was destroying his guy off the ball, and we are running trick plays to pick up two yards?

I'm trying to find comfort in this team not making the playoffs anyways because they needed to win in Brookings for a realistic shot, and its not working.  

*Watch them win in Brookings to go 6-5.....and miss out....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I just can't believe Bubba heard that play call on the headset and went with it.  Waletzco was destroying his guy off the ball, and we are running trick plays to pick up two yards?

I'm trying to find comfort in this team not making the playoffs anyways because they needed to win in Brookings for a realistic shot, and its not working.  

*Watch them win in Brookings to go 6-5.....and miss out....

Yep. It was the same "football brainfart" thinking which went for it on 4th and 1 at our own 20 vs NDSU with the lead.  In the football world both those coaching decisions just scream total incompetence.  

I would love to see us win out and finish 6-5.  I just can't imagine there is not some serious morale problems on that team at the moment.

• Upvote 1