SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Missouri State, Oct. 30, 2pm

AJS

Season on the line in Springfield this upcoming Saturday. A win and the train gets back on the tracks, the program gets back to neutral. You don't want to sound too overly dramatic, but what does a loss do? Ends almost all hope if not all hope of making the playoffs. Then you can start to go down the rabbit hole a little bit about program momentum and where that is. UND has a good team, but it's a results driven sport. They need this win really bad.

The major story lines for me:

• Red Zone offense. They have been almost inexplicably bad at getting points at times. They can move the ball between the 20's. If there ever was a week to turn that corner it's this one.
  • Injuries. I did write before the Western game that my hope was anyone who was dinged up would sit. Double down on the fact that you can beat Western while getting guys healthy that were banged up. The amount of players that didn't play was startling. Hope there are a handful that will be ready to go this weekend. 
  • NDSU let down for MSU. UND saw it vs USD. Maybe that just is a thing, especially if you play them tough.

49 minutes ago, Dustin said:

For sure in at 7-4.  Maybe even in at 6-5, but I wouldn't want to go that route to find out :)

Agree, 4-4 conference 6-5 overall is going to warrant consideration.   

Maag and Richter out there at the same time could present an interesting dilemma for the MoSt. defense.    

31 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The lack of speed and quickness would be terrifying!

In that case, think of them as tight ends whose size confers an advantage in the red zone where we need improved play.

35 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

Thank you for asking!  Nothing major but hurt his foot/toe.  Will try and go this weekend.  He is sick about the missed opportunity.  Glad for the win!  G

Glad to hear it! That kid is going to have ton of opportunities over the next few years. Onto MO St.

55 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Anybody get a chance to watch the Missouri St - NDSU game this past weekend? Bears seem to have a lot of talent, but damn they like to talk a lot of !@#$.

I watched the end of the game when MO State snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. 

2 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Anybody get a chance to watch the Missouri St - NDSU game this past weekend? Bears seem to have a lot of talent, but damn they like to talk a lot of !@#$.

I watched a bit of that game and it cost them.  Just shut your mouth and play football.  They had the bizen on the ropes but couldn't hold it together.  

Part of the discussion this week has to be let them act stupid.