SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Missouri State, Oct. 30, 2pm

AJS

4 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Has anybody heard if there will be a watch party anywhere in Nashville for the football game this Saturday?  I don't usually go on the Hockey page, but took a quick look over there and didn't see anything.  

Do hockey fans know there’s a football game on Saturday?!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Has anybody heard if there will be a watch party anywhere in Nashville for the football game this Saturday?  I don't usually go on the Hockey page, but took a quick look over there and didn't see anything.  

Came here to ask the exact same thing.  In Vegas they had the game up on a projector during the pregame binge drinking tailgate thing.  Not sure how the times line up for the football game and hockey game this saturday... will we be playing during the binge drinking pre game deal this weekend?

14 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Came here to ask the exact same thing.  In Vegas they had the game up on a projector during the pregame binge drinking tailgate thing.  Not sure how the times line up for the football game and hockey game this saturday... will we be playing during the binge drinking pre game deal this weekend?

Football game is at 2:00 Central and Hockey game is at 7:00 Central.  Would be nice if there was a bar or something on the downtown strip that would be showing the game and playing the audio from the game.  

On 10/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, Sioux94 said:

That is on UND, only had a year to plan it.

On 10/26/2021 at 12:04 PM, Sioux94 said:

Football game is at 2:00 Central and Hockey game is at 7:00 Central.  Would be nice if there was a bar or something on the downtown strip that would be showing the game and playing the audio from the game.  

If a bar was playing it I would be there but at this point my backup is the laptop and HDMI cable. There also happens to be a beer store block from my hotel!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

If a bar was playing it I would be there but at this point my backup is the laptop and HDMI cable. There also happens to be a beer store block from my hotel!

I tried calling Rippy’s Honky tonk bar twice today as that one looked like it had a lot of tv’s and was close to the stadium. I was going to inform them of the situation and see if they would be able to play it and play the audio, but I got voicemail both times I tried calling. I may stop there tomorrow night and ask in person. Also Tin Roof bar has a Hawkeyes watch party every Saturday and they play at 11:00 Saturday. It would overlap a little with our 2:00 start. But since they already have a watch party for sports they may be open to putting our game on after the Iowa game, or at least put it on a few TVs even before Iowa game is over. 

Nudies Honkey Tonk on the strip has buckets of beer for $30, six beers for domestic. Not too horrible. 

I may try to check in person with a few bars tomorrow night but it’s probably going to be pretty crazy and won’t be able to get anybody to agree to showing it with audio. I’ll post if I’m successful! 

• Upvote 4

On 10/26/2021 at 9:39 AM, Dustin said:

Do hockey fans know there’s a football game on Saturday?!

Would it make sense to schedule a dual destination game for Football at noon and hockey at night in the same town? Maybe even hosting both on someone’s campus like Penn State? Or even a Friday/ Saturday arrangement? I think it would be fun to see two big games in one trip.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Would it make sense to schedule a dual destination game for Football at noon and hockey at night in the same town? Maybe even hosting both on someone’s campus like Penn State? Or even a Friday/ Saturday arrangement? I think it would be fun to see two big games in one trip.

Next week at UND there’s a big FB game and a big hockey game!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

The Downtown Sporting Club on Broadway in Nashville said they will put the football game on a screen for us Saturday. Nothing formal, just look for UND green. Vandy has home football, Predators are home, Garth is at the GOO so it will be crowded.

IMG_20211029_123604982.jpg

Cool, good to know! I assume they wouldn’t be playing audio or anything, but just having it on is pretty good. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dustin said:

Another reasonable question:  Do Penn St. fans know there's a hockey game on Saturday?!

No. In >95% of cases, college football takes significant priority over college hockey. Us UND folks have our priorities ass-backwa… okay never-mind, not going there. 

12 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

No. In >95% of cases, college football takes significant priority over college hockey. Us UND folks have our priorities ass-backwa… okay never-mind, not going there. 

Post #468 that you dislike the hockey program.  But, you're not going there....okay.....

Playoff game #2 for our guys today.  Let's get it done in Mizzou!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I have heard that Penn State hockey is popular on campus.

In 2019-2020, They were fifth in the nation in attendance, averaging an over capacity crowd.

https://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance/division-i-men/2019-2020/

another thing to keep in mind is that was Penn State’s decision to start a hockey program essentially broke up the old WCHA.  It’s worked out ok for us, but I do feel for Minnesota missing out on all those regional conference games.  I just don’t see the passion for the Gopher hockey program anymore. 

• Upvote 2