Here is the Leathernecks record.  Rather Jekyel and Hyde

9/2/2021   at Ball State University Muncie, IN L 21-31 Box Score
9/11/2021   at Montana Missoula, Mont. L 7-42 Box Score
9/18/2021   Eastern Washington University Macomb L 56-62 Box Score
9/25/2021 * at Youngstown State Youngstown, Ohio W 38-35 Box Score
10/2/2021 * Southern Illinois Macomb L 30-31 Box Score
10/9/2021 * at Indiana State Terre Haute, Ind. L 27-37 Box Score
10/16/2021 * South Dakota State Macomb, Ill. L 17-41 Box Score
10/23/2021 * at North Dakota Alerus Center 2:00 P.M.

One week at a time. Just win. Being a must win, this might sound a little backwards, but I do think you have to bet on who you have that's healthy. What I mean is sit anyone who has nagging injuries, 50/50, even 75/25 guys. 

• Upvote 1

A lot of people predicted we would be 1-2 in conference play at this point. Instead we're 0-3 by a whopping 16 points. That's not a moral victory at all but this team has plenty of talent and now their backs are against the wall. Let's see how they respond. I predict we'll see a lot of fight from the boys and take care of business. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

A lot of people predicted we would be 1-2 in conference play at this point. Instead we're 0-3 by a whopping 16 points. That's not a moral victory at all but this team has plenty of talent and now their backs are against the wall. Let's see how they respond. I predict we'll see a lot of fight from the boys and take care of business. 

Not many predicted we'd win our first 3 Valley games, yet those games were all on the table.
This team is improving, but not as fast as most would like. 
I want to be around when it happens.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Season isn’t over until we have 5 losses, it’s a long stretch but anything is possible 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

No excuses, but the injuries are starting to pile up and they haven't helped:  top receiver out the last two games, top running back (arguable) out the last game, starting nose guard out most of the last two games, field goal kicker out the last two games,  sr. starting outside linebacker out since the first game,  and backup outside linebacker out the last two games.  Next man up, I know, I know, but we've been down quite a few key players the last couple games or more during the meat of our schedule.  If we can win the next two, it'll give us some momentum and I think that we can make a run.

Have to win out!

The USD game doesn't give me much confidence, but the SIU game is a boost. Its disgusting how close we are to having beat SIU, NDSU, and even USD for that matter. A few plays, kicks, and boneheaded coaching calls and we are the #1 team right now. 

Now that sounds sad to say the would of, should of, could of .... but there is no doubt that this team has the capability. IF, and it is a major IF, they can work some sort of magic and find a way into the playoffs, it would mean they are on a major hot streak and are playing extremely well.

I'm not holding my breath, and it sucks to feel like we wasted a season when momentum is on our way, but next season we would only have a more seasoned team. May lose a few pieces on D, but would have a ton returning. I'm not turning the page on this season yet, but there is zero room for error (including coaching, so maybe we check the score and where we are on the field before going for it on 4th down).

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Season isn’t over until we have 5 losses, it’s a long stretch but anything is possible 

I'd argue five losses would be playoff-bubble as long as losses to SDSU and Missouri State are not in that count. (MVFC aura factor applied.) 

11 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Actually the way the MVFC is beating each other up a 6-5 MVFC team could make the cut - we've seen it before, however we also know it is best not to leave it in the hands of a committee. 

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, shep said:

360 guys think Smith and Skokna out. Expect to see Ziebarth play 

Maag still out, look to see more Burian and Cochran with Richter too.

J Johnson is dinged up on the line but Morrison should be back. 

Haven't listened to the podcast yet.  Any word on how bad Smith's injury is?  

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I don’t know anything definitively but from the optics it seems obvious things haven’t exactly been kosher.

But I also wouldn't like the optics of because you perform well you get a pass on things, if indeed their are issues behind the scenes.   I know what you are saying though, he better play well, then remove all doubt going forward. 

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

You think freaking chaves would stay in town for homecoming game instead of adding extra expense going to qunnipic 

wtf

inhad hope for him

he isn’t on our hood list

Yeah he’s a hockey guy. UND does that to people. If he had it his way, would probably fold football and focus on just hockey and basketball, like what UN-Omaha did a decade ago. Okay, an over-exaggeration, but gets my point across.