SiouxSports.com Forum

West Illinois VS UND Homecoming week

Nodak78

1 hour ago, tnt said:

But I also wouldn't like the optics of because you perform well you get a pass on things, if indeed their are issues behind the scenes.   I know what you are saying though, he better play well, then remove all doubt going forward. 

By what other metric would he show that he’s back to how he should be? 

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

By what other metric would he show that he’s back to how he should be? 

Just saying if there is stuff going on behind the scenes where he isn't being a good teammate, you can't just show up and have a good game and everything is fine with your teammates unless your mindset or actions change. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah he’s a hockey guy. UND does that to people. If he had it his way, would probably fold football and focus on just hockey and basketball, like what UN-Omaha did a decade ago. Okay, an over-exaggeration, but gets my point across.

I agree that the optics are not great - but in my opinion the Football program has done most of this this to themselves.  Fans are still primed to get behind this program - but to watch them is often painful - Forget the Muss years - we have also had how many years of Rudy, and now we almost as painful to watch.  If  we had not gone for it on 4th at our own twenty and beat the Bison this place would be rockin' this weekend.      

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, tnt said:

Just saying if there is stuff going on behind the scenes where he isn't being a good teammate, you can't just show up and have a good game and everything is fine with your teammates unless your mindset or actions change. 

If it’s as simple as him being immature and unreliable this year than yes. If there are more insidious things going on then we should move on from him.

40 minutes ago, shep said:

Let's just say the kid is a kid right now and he's maturing through this adversity and lets leave this topic and have a great day tomorrow.

Problem is this ain't high school amymore, he is getting paid now through NIL, along with cost of attendance and a scholarship.  Time to grow up or go play intramurals

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Whatever happened with Otis was taken care of internally, probably were it should have been taken care of.  If we were on a 3 game winning streak no one would care.  Everyone is looking for someone to point fingers at.  Time to move on from this subject as i looks like it was handled.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Gotta admit....Bubba has managed to completely let the air out of the fan interest balloon before the homecoming game.  Drove by Alerus Center today which reminded me there was a game tomorrow.  

Yeah, failed QB sneak on your own 20 yard line while BEATING your arch rival will do that to you. 

okay, I’m just piling on at this point, but no doubt Bubba’s teams need to do better for the masses to get behind him. Remember, the people on this board don’t count, we aren’t the “average” fan. 

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Gotta admit....Bubba has managed to completely let the air out of the fan interest balloon before the homecoming game.  Drove by Alerus Center today which reminded me there was a game tomorrow.  

Oh no....MoSioux is upset.....don't downvote me anymore lol.  Bubba will slap you on the back and shake your hand and make everything ok again 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Well, this thread being only on the second page the night before the game is validation of your post.

2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Bubba did miss those three kicks, so ya (sarcasm) He also dropped the two TD passes that hit the WR’s in the hands.   4th down call was the worst ever, not gonna lie on that one. 

Western Illinois is making its first-ever trip this weekend to Grand Forks, N.D., to face the Missouri Valley Football Conference’s newest member.
https://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-state-pigskin/2021/10/first-ever-north-dakota-road-trip-brings-no-surprises-for-western-illinois-football-team/

Otis for 130

Tommy for 220

Defense keeps them below 18

Hawks 34 WI 17

Bubba leads the boys in "Stand up and cheer"

Same fans find reasons to be unhappy spending most of their time pointing out penalties, missed extra point and incomplete passes from the QB who's arm is not strong enough.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shep said:

Otis for 130

Tommy for 220

Defense keeps them below 18

Hawks 34 WI 17

Bubba leads the boys in "Stand up and cheer"

Same fans find reasons to be unhappy spending most of their time pointing out penalties, missed extra point and incomplete passes from the QB who's arm is not strong enough.

At least 6 QB sacks