SiouxSports.com Forum

West Illinois VS UND Homecoming week

Nodak78

1 minute ago, dmksioux said:

Unreal. How do you call a running play in third down there.  Another example of why Bubba is not a legit DI coach. 

Bubba/Freund combo, if being realistic given Freund is play caller and Bubba obviously voicing his game management strategy to Freund ..  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Bubba really pissed at the referees at end of half. Something with last play/timing.   I think one referee signaled something (maybe first down?).but not sure what happened.  Anybody know 

Bubba should be pissed at Bubba. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Bubba really pissed at the referees at end of half. Something with last play/timing.   I think one referee signaled something (maybe first down?).but not sure what happened.  Anybody know 

Clock can be stopped for measurement, which technically UND deserved on 4th down given how close it was.

Even so, the run play call on 3rd down is high risk call.

Also, calling timeout before punt rather than keeping timeout and having 1:00 to go downfield plus time out in pocket is the strategy that came back to bite them. 

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Otis Weah still good. 

Tommy Schuster still mediocre.

2-QB system is still bull$%!#.

Bubba and game management ability still embarrassing.

After all that, UND still winning because Western Illinois is just that bad …

It’s sad.  UND has good enough players to be rolling right now.  Some definite holes in staff . The end of half was telling.   Tommy is not it.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I think he was looking for a clock stoppage for a measurement? 

Just now, Cratter said:

I've noticed modern football doesn't really measure the ball anymore.

The refs just doing the thing they always do.

Still in the NCAA rule book. UND got screwed by the refs there first of, but also Freund/Bubba/offensive line deserve what happened given they went with 3rd down run/no timeouts and could not get it.