SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ James Madison Sunday May 2nd 5:00 PM Central Quarterfinals

SiouxFan100

Don't get me wrong, I am proud of this season but I don't want to be accepting of this finish. I look forward to fall, seeing how the free year of eligibility works out, seeing the maybe QB battle although I believe it's Tommy's job. Some exciting times ahead.

• Upvote 2

If JMU can hold on to Coach Cignetti they have tools to stay strong and among the top of the FCS for years. Some strong recruiting tools: competitive program, former Alabama assistant coach as JMU head coach and a neat stadium that shines compares to most FCS stadiums.

I know it’s obvious, but we need bigger D line. We know they are going to run and it’s garbage time and they are still running it down our throats. 

Orlando May need to be a starter next fall. Let’s hope he is ready. 

Very good year and we are on the FCS map now. However JMU on a down year is still 15-20 points better than us, got some work to do. 

I’m on vacation, so at least I get to keep drinking even though it’s a Sunday. Disappointed, but proud of the team this year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Let’s remember them running it on that last play, busch league 

They had alot of possible unsportsmanlike activities during this game that aren't going to get called in a quarterfinal game but see called atleast more often in regular season such as the semi obsessive dancing after the offsides on the punt formation. After a big run going over and trash talking right in the face of the defender (I seen this action get called no matter what was said). Glad that UND didn't respond to any of these, but sucks that didn't have the response in the game to shut them up. Still made progress getting a playoff win and being in this game in the 2nd half. Got to continue to improve and hopefully build on it in the fall.

• Upvote 1

Great start in our new conference, but it is quite evident to play with the big boys we need to have the players and mentality to impose our will physically on the other team.  Starts up front, so let’s get bigger and tougher and then we will be championship caliber.

7 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

If JMU can hold on to Coach Cignetti they have tools to stay strong and among the top of the FCS for years. Some strong recruiting tools: competitive program, former Alabama assistant coach as JMU head coach and a neat stadium that shines compares to most FCS stadiums.

I dont think they need to even hold onto them. They've been pretty good for some time. I'm pretty surprised they are even still FCS.

• Upvote 1