SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ James Madison Sunday May 2nd 5:00 PM Central Quarterfinals

SiouxFan100

Not trying to be controversial but there’s a big difference between a groin injury and a sack whack. 
I always figured if I ever got into the game and took one to the rock salts I would grab my inner thigh and claim a pulled groin. 
just a thought 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Maybe this winning season will give us more appeal those elite players.

massive quick DL and a burner WR,

honestly with those missing links this team could win it all!

We are going to have to develop the bigger, quicker d lineman.  Every team in the country is looking for those guys.  I think a few guys in the roster have the frames and are young enough to add 10 lbs this summer.   

14 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Maybe this winning season will give us more appeal those elite players.

massive quick DL and a burner WR,

honestly with those missing links this team could win it all!

This season absolutely helps. We beat SDSU, we were in the quarterfinals. Honestly prior to this year, everything else being equal why would you pick UND over SDSU or NDSU if you had an offer. I think a kid could finally see this program is on the right path and they could be part of getting us over the hump. Plus we now have a real offense, and a fun offense to play for. I honestly don’t know how we ever recruited a QB in the last couple years under Rudy, who would want to play for that. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, homer said:

We are going to have to develop the bigger, quicker d lineman.  Every team in the country is looking for those guys.  I think a few guys in the roster have the frames and are young enough to add 10 lbs this summer.   

Yeah but does body by baukol know how to do it

45 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I guess I am not convinced that our qb is a problem that won’t be better with more experience 

Lack of arm strength and little ability:desire  to run are huge problems for UND offense.  You can win it all with one or the other but IMO can’t with neither.  Too easy to defend.  Another game with no deep balls thrown.  JMU was daring us.

25 minutes ago, homer said:

Look at the guys we’re recruiting this year Schultz and Mckenney are both very undersized to play the position we need to recruit bigger guys not just recruit smaller dudes who we think will just add the weight.

NDSU fans even are jealous of our offense and OC, play calling maybe not the best but not as bad as Tyler Roehl....... but if you watched the NDSU game today you would know why. They looked really bad and that should help UND with offensive recruiting!

18 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I may not have everyone on board here, but Tommy Schuster can be QB for his entire eligibility, as far as I'm concerned.  I know 2 INTs isn't the recipe for a playoff win, but that's only 5 in 7 games.  Did he get sacked this game?  Can't remember.  But if not, 1 sack in 7 games.  That 96 yard drive was beautiful.

Forgot to mention that he also did some nice scramble running, which many on here were knocking on him regarding that. 

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Couple more thoughts:

I may not have everyone on board here, but Tommy Schuster can be QB for his entire eligibility, as far as I'm concerned.  I know 2 INTs isn't the recipe for a playoff win, but that's only 5 in 7 games.  Did he get sacked this game?  Can't remember.  But if not, 1 sack in 7 games.  That 96 yard drive was beautiful.

I'm now convinced that UND HAS to beat NDSU to get Grand Forks excited about football.  I went to pick up some pizza from Rhombus near halftime, and NEITHER of their main floor TVs had UND football on.  That is inexcusable that not one worker nor one patron had asked for the game to be on.  I'm extremely ashamed.

We didn't play terrible.  The score looks a little lopsided, and maybe there were a couple moments where it looked like we didn't belong with the big boys, but I think we learned a lot this season, and we can be even better.  We get the Bison at home in the fall - Time to get that monkey off our back.  I want to see goal posts heading out of the Alerus!

I think Schuster has done a decent job. However, he will need to continue to improve. Whomever gives us the best chance to win should be the QB. He hasn’t yet shone he can carry a team. Hopefully he can become that guy. If I’m an outstanding HS QB I would take my chances to become that guy who can make all of the throws, is a threat to run and can carry an offense. The first Int wasn’t his fault. The second one was as bad as it gets if the DB doesn’t hurt himself. He had a good year. 

28 minutes ago, Dustin said:

@bulldogg

Thanks for stopping by on our board. I think JMU is the best team left, so best of luck the rest of the way. Hope we have a chance to knock you guys out in the future ;)

Between them and sdsu I think we could have a fun title game

30 minutes ago, Dustin said:

@bulldogg

Thanks for stopping by on our board. I think JMU is the best team left, so best of luck the rest of the way. Hope we have a chance to knock you guys out in the future ;)

Likewise. It's a shame someone had to lose. Probably the two best teams in FCS played in Harrisonburg tonight. Delaware also looks pretty tough, though.