SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ James Madison Sunday May 2nd 5:00 PM Central Quarterfinals

SiouxFan100

2 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Just a question. Any should be fired off that debacle? 

I honestly don’t think so but I think maybe comer back coach could use some help 

Someone who speaks gfhockey care to translate?

10 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Can our existing front seven put on another 10-15 pounds before fall?

our existing edge players cannot become better athletes before fall I doubt 

We need to recruit larger frames for our front 7. That makes the extra weight easy.

I say this was the year we have been waiting for. The team had the FBS win in 2015. Made the playoffs in 2016. Won a playoff game in 2021. 
Next step is to put the hurt to the Bison. 
it’s getting closer and closer. 
Patients, just have patients 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

By a team that was ranked #1 all year? They were just better than us. Sure if we don’t go offsides on that punt we may have clawed our way back in but by no means did we get straight up smoked. Our team overachieved, won a conference title and the first playoff game in the d1 era. You’re right, heads should roll.

I think the team excelled this year. In my opinion the domination by NDSU was the only blip on this season. 
I think that won’t happen again 

34 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

We need to be able to take the next step this time. This can’t be 2017 all over again. I think it will be different this time around but they need to prove it.

Well we are not losing anyone. Can the DL get any bigger or incoming freshmen?

Bo’s replacements did well today. They will need to step up this fall. Are any of our recruits super fast???

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Otis had 4 rushing attempts in the 2nd half

I love Danny and that epic drive with the crazy plays was great, But yeah...Otis needs more than 4 carries in second half even when we are down. Otis typically ends up having the run that turns momentum, just like he did with the big run in first half. You just never know when it’s going to come with Otis, but if you feed him it always seems to come. 

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

By a team that was ranked #1 all year? They were just better than us. Sure if we don’t go offsides on that punt we may have clawed our way back in but by no means did we get straight up smoked. Our team overachieved, won a conference title and the first playoff game in the d1 era. You’re right, heads should roll.

Yeah not really sure losing a road playoff game against a team that's been pretty good by a couple tuddies should get anyone canned lol.

Now.... if you go out there and get blown out by 45... discussions could be had, but even then... this season was goofy.

How much longer do you guys think Bubba is gonna be around? He's not old but he's getting to the age where he can consider retirement. 

33 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

They need another Clive Georges type

Clive was stupendous. Haven’t seen any one close to that since he was done. 
also need athletic beef upfront. The type that slow the play down a millisecond to let the speed guys do their thing 

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I've been a Tommy backer all year but put Quincy in. GIve him his shot that everyone has been wanting. Hopefully make sure he feels part of the future and open QB battle next fall between Tommy, Quincy and Trey.

Quincy has all summer to get better, learn the playbook, improve accuracy and he can earn a start next fall! 

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Yeah not really sure losing a road playoff game against a team that's been pretty good by a couple tuddies should get anyone canned lol.

Now.... if you go out there and get blown out by 45... discussions could be had, but even then... this season was goofy.

How much longer do you guys think Bubba is gonna be around? He's not old but he's getting to the age where he can consider retirement. 

As long as he would like. He isn’t considering anything other than staying the course and getting better. He isn’t that old but his age would be a factor if he ever wanted to move up. I believe he is here for the duration of his career. 

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I imagine the coaches know about how nice it would be to be faster and bigger and have been trying to get those types.

Maybe this winning season will give us more appeal those elite players.

massive quick DL and a burner WR,

honestly with those missing links this team could win it all!

• Upvote 1