SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ James Madison Sunday May 2nd 5:00 PM Central Quarterfinals

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So what does JMU bring to the table on both sides of the ball that UND needs to watch out for?

Very tough defense.  Most of their competition was not real tough.  Richmond being that was good but JMU man handled them.

Strong running game and they are not a pass oriented offense.

This will be a real good match up.  If we can stop their running game and open some holes for our RB's it should be a good game.

If they get off running on us. It will be a long day.

18 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Who replaces Bo

what changes, if anything, in how our offense is run

ugh

I absolutely love everything about Bo. His skillset, tenacity, the fact his dad was a Bizon and NDSU was too ignorant to recruit him, etc. BUT WR is maybe the one position we can spare to lose a guy. Does Cocheran show up and shine? Do we see more Preston?

2 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I absolutely love everything about Bo. His skillset, tenacity, the fact his dad was a Bizon and NDSU was too ignorant to recruit him, etc. BUT WR is maybe the one position we can spare to lose a guy. Does Cocheran show up and shine? Do we see more Preston?

Both of these guys are ready to step up. 

18 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

agree with this. Bo is great, and will be a terrific career here. Fortunately we have some depth at WR, and both Cochryn and Preston have shown they can play. Mix Skokna in with the short passing game too.

Its a little tough to know what to expect this weekend without having the non-conference schedule this season. JMU is undefeated, though I don't think they are dominating at the level they were over the past few years. It sounds like their QB has been inconsistent, but they have a solid RB duo. Defensively, it looks like they know how to shut down the run, but are more suspect to the short quick passes. I say let Otis do his thing, but don't force the run, and this may be a good game for Schuster to work those short routes. If we can ever get some rhythm in the short game we can look for some of those deep shots like we did against Missouri St. 

What kind of creativity will Danny find going into this one? Has to plan better than he did against the Bison.