SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

23 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

This is important, so I'm posting it, but please try to keep replies hockey related.

Absolutely nothing less than absurd and based on nothing. Cannot believe this. They will end up rescinding this, just watch. 

UND is now in a position where we will need to stay at the top of the conference not just for home ice in the playoffs but for pairwise reasons as well.

It is looking like there might not be much difference between the top 6 teams in the conference and all 6 are certainly in position to make the NCAA tournament. But if the top 6 are pretty jumbled up record wise UND is now in a position where if we are the 5th or 6th place team in the NCHC we are in the worst position of the 6 with SCSU, WMU, and UNO having the best non conference records which will be favorable for them when all the pairwise data is in.

Sweep at home, split on the road is pretty critical for UND right now. 10-4 down the stretch would be ideal. 8-6 might be more realistic.

I'm going to zag a little when looking at the roster and where I believe a bigger issue is that doesn't really get mentioned. Forward depth. Completely understanding that different players play different rolls, but I'm not sure what two of these three bring. Albrecht should be an emergency guy, only playing when there's nobody else. Him playing 12 games is concerning. What's Budy's roll? If he's supposed to bring offense, then there's an issue (1 point on the year). Ness is flat out not a D1 player (2 points on the year). You have 3 forward spots tied up with guys that bring nothing offensively and really aren't that great defensively either. I mentioned it in the Cornell thread, but there's 5 guys that signed NLI's. They need those 5 to come in. With only 3 Seniors, most likely nobody leaving early, you need to have a couple guys transfer out. 

51 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'm going to zag a little when looking at the roster and where I believe a bigger issue is that doesn't really get mentioned. Forward depth. Completely understanding that different players play different rolls, but I'm not sure what two of these three bring. Albrecht should be an emergency guy, only playing when there's nobody else. Him playing 12 games is concerning. What's Budy's roll? If he's supposed to bring offense, then there's an issue (1 point on the year). Ness is flat out not a D1 player (2 points on the year). You have 3 forward spots tied up with guys that bring nothing offensively and really aren't that great defensively either. I mentioned it in the Cornell thread, but there's 5 guys that signed NLI's. They need those 5 to come in. With only 3 Seniors, most likely nobody leaving early, you need to have a couple guys transfer out. 

This ^^^^^^^^^.  Sounds cruel but college sports is a business

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Agreed cruel but unfortunately true and you didn't even mention the forward that looks the most out of place on this roster (given he wasn't suppose to be here this year). 

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

I wonder if any other NCHC players are in the mix for a spot.
All I've heard is that Power for Michigan is on the Canada team too.

There was a list of those that were invited, but not yet accepted invites. There were a couple other NCHC guys on there but I don’t remember who they were.