SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

If much more of this happens, there will be no NCAA tourney again.
Teams need to play.

The NCAA Covid testing protocol will have the final say on this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Would of, should of, could of.

Would of been nice to win last Saturday and do it again tonight?

Yeah, ideally it would have been nice to have the two losses to Cornell fresh in our minds, but hopefully they have some fire having to sit on the losses like St.Cloud had to do after getting swept by Western Michigan before they took it out on us.

• Upvote 1

Ford has been elevated to team alternate captain:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-gives-connor-ford-an-a-as-alternate-captain

At the end of Tuesday's video session with the team, UND coach Brad Berry flipped on the lights.

He said he had one more thing to do.

Berry told the team that with forward Gavin Hain out longterm due to a leg injury and defenseman Jake Sanderson heading to the Olympic Games for three weeks, the Fighting Hawks decided to elevate someone to alternate captain to fill in the void.

Berry pulled out a folded jersey and held it up.

It was Connor Ford's with an 'A' on it.

"Super special," Ford said. "Super emotional for me. I'm really proud of that and honored to be given that opportunity, not only from the coaching staff but my teammates. The leadership group had to sign off on it. Their belief in me combined with the coaching staff, it's something super special to me and something I'm going to remember the rest of my life."

Ford transferred from Bowling Green to UND this summer for his fifth and final year of college eligibility.

At Bowling Green, he served as team captain last season.

• Upvote 2