SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

On 7/27/2021 at 1:52 PM, siouxfan512 said:

A little concerned we aren't hearing more here. Any thoughts on when we might see some more kids giving their verbals?

I'm going negative in an attempt to eat crow, a little reverse jinx situation. There have been two points during this recruiting cycle where I felt real momentum. (1) Teiken commit (2) Saturday night of Camp #3. Both times nothing happened following that. The last two commits have been incredibly underwhelming. It's just really hard for me to get excited over a late one offer guy. These guys have been camping with no other offers. With only 9 commits so far, 2 is an ok chunk of that. I feel like the wind was completely taken out of the sails. Here's hoping a game changer comes soon.

4 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'm going negative in an attempt to eat crow, a little reverse jinx situation. There have been two points during this recruiting cycle where I felt real momentum. (1) Teiken commit (2) Saturday night of Camp #3. Both times nothing happened following that. The last two commits have been incredibly underwhelming. It's just really hard for me to get excited over a late one offer guy. These guys have been camping with no other offers. With only 9 commits so far, 2 is an ok chunk of that. I feel like the wind was completely taken out of the sails. Here's hoping a game changer comes soon.

Pretty sure there is some good news on the OL side of things that should come out soon enough.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, AJS said:

Meh, I trust our coaches. They’ve done well the last few years in particular. If they believe in a guy and the other I29 schools don’t that's fine. The cream always rises regardless of other offers.

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Meh, I trust our coaches. They’ve done well the last few years in particular. If they believe in a guy and the other I29 schools don’t that's fine. The cream always rises regardless of other offers.

Especially when the offers are coming because they got to see them perform in person at a camp.

This class is bound to be smaller given the extra eligibility year so I'm pleased with how it's shaping up so far. Let's close it out with a majority of Hegerle, Larson, Schweigert, a QB (a must every year), RB, WR(if not Hegerle),  and a big bad NG.

1 hour ago, SkoHawks said:

This class is bound to be smaller given the extra eligibility year so I'm pleased with how it's shaping up so far. Let's close it out with a majority of Hegerle, Larson, Schweigert, a QB (a must every year), RB, WR(if not Hegerle),  and a big bad NG.

I’d like the RB from Holy Angels.

11 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

This kid looks like he can pack on more weight while remaining athletic. 

The kid may become a great FCS O Lineman. But he looks like he will need to lose some weight and put on better weight before he plays much. 

On 6/18/2021 at 9:49 PM, UND Fan said:

Four offers in the last couple of days:

TE Ryan Schwendenson, 6'4“, 235, O'Fallon (St. Dominic), MO Has offers from Benedictine & Robert Morris

DE Wesley King, 6'5“, 270, Appleton (North), WI Has offers from CMU & IL St

S Jett Sutton, 6', 190, 4.5, Kansas City (Oak Park), MO

CB Keith Moko, 6'1“, 170, Newton, (Newton), IA Has offers from St Thomas & IN St

Moko will play at UNI.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

A little disappointing how quiet the recruiting front has been lately. Win them, or lose them I would like to hear some answers on Hegerle, Larson and a few others.

Given the offers that are out right now, I don't actually hate the wait and see game. One thing over the years I've noticed is that UND tends to finish pretty strong on their recruiting classes. Hope that trend continues. 

Re: Hegerle. Definitely third hand information, but I've heard UND has a real shot. Not predicting it, but they are in the mix. The speculation part now completely is he's clearly waiting / hoping to see some bigger offers. If the offers stand as they do today, I think they have as good of a shot as any.

9 minutes ago, AJS said:

Given the offers that are out right now, I don't actually hate the wait and see game. One thing over the years I've noticed is that UND tends to finish pretty strong on their recruiting classes. Hope that trend continues. 

I would agree with this. We have tended to finish strong in recent years.

14 minutes ago, AJS said:

Re: Hegerle. Definitely third hand information, but I've heard UND has a real shot. Not predicting it, but they are in the mix. The speculation part now completely is he's clearly waiting / hoping to see some bigger offers. If the offers stand as they do today, I think they have as good of a shot as any.

Lakes head would literally explode :lol: I'd love to hear his excuse if UND landed Hegerle over the Bison.

38 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Lakes head would literally explode :lol: I'd love to hear his excuse if UND landed Hegerle over the Bison.

He’s more outraged that the don’t have many 3 star prospects and kids with FBS offers.

his excuse for our Moorhead recruits is that Moorhead is soft and that they are not tough so I guess they will have to show the Bison what soft is!

3 hours ago, AJS said:

From what I understand, your info is good!!

On 7/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, UND Fan said:

At least two more offers yesterday:

RB Mack Owens, 6'2", 200, 4.8, Aurora (Aurora), NE  Has offer from ID St

DE Kendis Ledbetter, 6'1", 240, Sioux Falls (Washington), SD

Owens to USD. That's a tough recruiting loss. Location was going to play against UND, but still. If the other offers are USD and ID St, you need to win that one. 

25 minutes ago, AJS said:

Owens to USD. That's a tough recruiting loss. Location was going to play against UND, but still. If the other offers are USD and ID St, you need to win that one. 

On the flip side, if the only other offers are USD and IdSU, is it that big of a loss?