SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

Worst case scenario of Mr Lance? A team picks him up (mid-first round) to play behind a starter who is late in a contract. Mr. Lance runs the scout team for a year as the pseudo-Mahomes/Jackson/Watson in practices against the first team defense and starts the following season. 

29 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Worst case scenario of Mr Lance? A team picks him up (mid-first round) to play behind a starter who is late in a contract. Mr. Lance runs the scout team for a year as the pseudo-Mahomes/Jackson/Watson in practices against the first team defense and starts the following season. 

That’s not a bad situation to be in and that’s what i am hoping for tbh.*
avoid the bears please 

*if he does decide to leave right now. 

On 10/3/2020 at 9:11 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Per McFooly......."about 15" NDSU FB players took a knee during the National Anthem.

Does NDSU lose more money from not having fans at the game but still on the hook for a $100K guarantee or for backlash from boosters who apparently are incredibly unhappy with a political display? Looking like this one turned into a losing proposition.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Does NDSU lose more money from not having fans at the game but still on the hook for a $100K guarantee or for backlash from boosters who apparently are incredibly unhappy with a political display? Looking like this one turned into a losing proposition.

Didn't even get it on national TV, they looked just OK vs an opponent that was outplayed by Missouri State for 3 quarters, their QB obviously read too many articles in the offseason, and like you said they had to pay UCA for all of that. Lets get one thing straight, anybody can run behind their OL, literally any RB on their roster....and QB.  Lance had to run the ball to get anything done.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Especially when the game was scheduled for Lance after the regular season was moved to spring. Lance really screwed the program for some but I bet most of the Bison faithful that were offended will have a short memory and nothing long term will affect the program.

If Lance is a first round talent, I don't know what to think about the evaluation of college prospects anymore. Roehl was obviously trying to show case his ability as a pocket passer early and well he show cased it and in my opinion it should scare away NFL organizations that saw him as a first round pick. I am not doubting that he has the ability to play in the NFL, but he has played in a safe offense, with a dominant offensive line his whole career at NDSU which isn't his fault, but in my opinion the ability to run like he did is needed, but it is FCS talent he is running against. All in all, he's a solid QB, but NFL first rounder........

15 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Didn't even get it on national TV, they looked just OK vs an opponent that was outplayed by Missouri State for 3 quarters, their QB obviously read too many articles in the offseason, and like you said they had to pay UCA for all of that. Lets get one thing straight, anybody can run behind their OL, literally any RB on their roster....and QB.  Lance had to run the ball to get anything done.  

You really don't know much about FB do you.    Having 6 guys blocking 7-8  isn't easy.  Missouri state with a new coach looked  better, you better not over look them.  

31 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Great points......I have 2 friends that are NDSU boosters that are not happy with both situations......quick pivot to no fans and the kneeling/shoes dog and pony show.

14 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

You really don't know much about FB do you.    Having 6 guys blocking 7-8  isn't easy.  Missouri state with a new coach looked  better, you better not over look them.  

6 are blocking 6, 7 are blocking 7 when the FB and TE are in.  Watch again moron.  The free defenders are unblocked but caught up in the destruction in front of them.  You must not watch much.  

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

6 are blocking 6, 7 are blocking 7 when the FB and TE are in.  Watch again moron.  The free defenders are unblocked but caught up in the destruction in front of them.  You must not watch much.  

Why so angry?  Not looking forward to this spring.  I don't think I'll take FB advice from someone who for the last 10 years has been telling everyone about all the talent and how well your team will do.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:13 PM, Gothmog said:

NFL draft scouts aren't going to judge him based on this one unusual game. He already had 15 starts on film. If he was a first rounder before this game, he still is.

Not to mention the Manning camp.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Allow me to amend myself. What I state there would be best case for Mr. Lance. 

Worst case would to be drafted by a weak team with a poor offensive line and expected to immediately perform ala Mahomes/Jackson/Watson. 

3 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

If Lance is a first round talent, I don't know what to think about the evaluation of college prospects anymore. Roehl was obviously trying to show case his ability as a pocket passer early and well he show cased it and in my opinion it should scare away NFL organizations that saw him as a first round pick. I am not doubting that he has the ability to play in the NFL, but he has played in a safe offense, with a dominant offensive line his whole career at NDSU which isn't his fault, but in my opinion the ability to run like he did is needed, but it is FCS talent he is running against. All in all, he's a solid QB, but NFL first rounder........

There were 20 NFL draft scouts at the game Saturday. Why do you suppose they were all wasting their time (during a world-wide pandemic) on a "solid" QB. They could have concluded that without coming all the way to Fargo.   

Also, what exactly are your credentials as a NFL draft analyst? As a rule of thumb, when most experts disagree with you, it's probably you that are wrong.

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

A top five contract would also be pretty nice.

On 10/4/2020 at 7:26 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

WRONG.
Or get overly-very-extremely lucky.
A  team (that would like him) could trade up like foolish Philly did for that kid from Bismarck a few years ago? 

Again, why would Philly have signed Carson Wentz to a $128m contract if they didn't consider him to be a top-tier QB? At that point, they had had 3 years to watch him compete against NFL level talent, they knew what they were getting.

6 minutes ago, lets eat said:

probably 3/4 of North Dakota

Again, who cares? NDSU as an institution has no opinion on those matters and the opinions of individual Teammakers, Bison supporters, and Bison Football players are their own and none of your business.

3 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Again, who cares? NDSU as an institution has no opinion on those matters and the opinions of individual Teammakers, Bison supporters, and Bison Football players are their own and none of your business.

However, they did allow their venue and event to serve as a platform, no? 

The worst 5% will have a problem with it; but, I won't judge the larger group by the worst 5%. 

2 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Sorry  I forgot  You guys are BIGTIME so who cares about us little folk

49 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

However, they did allow their venue and event to serve as a platform, no? 

The worst 5% will have a problem with it; but, I won't judge the larger group by the worst 5%. 

Oh c'mon. NDSU has always allowed their facilities to be used as a platform by many, mostly conservative, groups. If we are ever to heal this country's divisions, we need to respect each other and each other's opinions...political and otherwise. Also, I suspect that like the rest of the state, the groups the OP mentioned, have a decidedly conservative tilt at NDSU.