SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

On 10/4/2020 at 1:09 AM, Gothmog said:

Why would you bother to say such obviously untrue nonsense?

do you know how many bizon fans i have had to explain the difference between FBS and FCS

do you know how many bizon fans i have had to explain the difference between the MVC and MVFC

do you know how many bizon fans i have had to explain the difference between the Mississippi VALLEY State and Mississippi State?

do you know how many bizon fans I have to explain to that there is no such thing as 'Summit League" Football

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

do you know how many bizon fans i have had to explain the difference between FBS and FCS

do you know how many bizon fans i have had to explain the difference between the MVC and MVFC

do you know how many bizon fans i have had to explain the difference between the Mississippi VALLEY State and Mississippi State?

do you know how many bizon fans I have to explain to that there is no such thing as 'Summit League" Football

Again, you're being ridiculous. I doubt you could find one Bison fan who didn't understand that Central Arkansas is not The University of Arkansas.

5 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

And ALL of MN...and for sure Minneapolis after Nero let Rome burn

What are you saying? In your mind are the people of Minnesota mostly for or mostly against the topics mentioned in the OP?

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Does NDSU lose more money from not having fans at the game but still on the hook for a $100K guarantee or for backlash from boosters who apparently are incredibly unhappy with a political display? Looking like this one turned into a losing proposition.

Just heard from reliable source that 3 prominent Fargo companies with ties to Teammakers let them know they are in talks together about pulling their financial support......total loss from the 3 would be well north of $100K.

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just heard from reliable source that 3 prominent Fargo companies with ties to Teammakers let them know they are in talks together about pulling out financialsupport......total loss from the 3 would be well north of $100K.

Let 'em go. Don't need people like that. They'll change their minds once they see their money can't buy everything.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gothmog said:

Let 'em go. Don't need people like that. They'll change their minds once they see their money can't buy everything.

Heard there are potentially more too.

You better start giving plasma.......

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just heard from reliable source that 3 prominent Fargo companies with ties to Teammakers let them know they are in talks together about pulling out financialsupport......total loss from the 3 would be well north of $100K.

bc of the kneeling?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

I'll call BS on this.

you do know that just bc your affiliate members of a conference (big 12) wrasslin' doesn't make your a full conference member...when ndac had ksu on their schedule they thought that was a conference game.

2 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Again, who cares? NDSU as an institution has no opinion on those matters and the opinions of individual Teammakers, Bison supporters, and Bison Football players are their own and none of your business.

I'd say releasing a video on the official NDSU Football twitter account means they have an opinion. 

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1312474752393584641

• Upvote 2

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Rich white privileged racists???

If that's a serious answer then I'll answer it this way.

People can spend their money wherever they like. I am not surprised in the slightest that NDSU players and coaches speaking out on a controversial and incredibly complex subject is drawing criticism and a response. 

Just now, Bison06 said:

If that's a serious answer then I'll answer it this way.

People can spend their money wherever they like. I am not surprised in the slightest that NDSU players and coaches speaking out on a controversial and incredibly complex subject is drawing criticism and a response. 

But it's not complex when you really think about it... These young men are tools of the media bc they believe everything that CNN tells them. And by the looks of it Matt hasn't figured it out yet either which is a shame considering his age

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

On the plus side I am now a Bizon fan!

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

But it's not complex when you really think about it... These young men are tools of the media bc they believe everything that CNN tells them. And by the looks of it Matt hasn't figured it out yet either which is a shame considering his age

By complex I mean this. What they think they are protesting is noble, I support individuals in their right to bring attention to something they see as a worthy cause. It is complicated by the current NCAA model. The precedented fact that players are representative of the University and therefore not allowed to speak up on their own behalf to make money or political statements. They represent something much larger than themselves and are poorly educated/experienced in how to maneuver these subjects.

It's the same reason the mail guy at Amazon doesn't speak for Amazon politically. They leave that to someone whose job it is to speak for the University and/or the Athletic Department.

so condemning a rapist who went back to his victim's house to rob her and kidnap her kid and was reaching back into his van for a knife is a complex issue?  maybe it is bc a guy like drew brees had jacob's name on his helmet a month ago? 

interesting times we live in

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so condemning a rapist who went back to his victim's house to rob her and kidnap her kid and was reaching back into his van for a knife is a complex issue?  maybe it is bc a guy like drew brees had jacob's name on his helmet a month ago? 

interesting times we live in

Well you've made my point without trying. When you speak out and for example put a BLM sticker on your helmet like NDSU did this weekend, people make assumptions about what that means. Maybe you didn't mean it to support a rapist or certain things BLM stands for, you only did it to support your black teammate or promote equality. This is why symbols are so controversial and why posting them as a bumper sticker or a sticker on your helmet can be complicated, people attribute different meanings to symbols and that can lead to massive misunderstandings.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Well you've made my point without trying. When you speak out and for example put a BLM sticker on your helmet like NDSU did this weekend, people make assumptions about what that means. Maybe you didn't mean it to support a rapist or certain things BLM stands for, you only did it to support your black teammate or promote equality. This is why symbols are so controversial and why posting them as a bumper sticker or a sticker on your helmet can be complicated, people attribute different meanings to symbols and that can lead to massive misunderstandings.

trust me...most people know what BLM means=donation to Biden who authored the 1994 crime bill...maybe Matt should point that out to some of those guys in the video and then maybe have them meet Alice Johnson. just a thought

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Oh c'mon. NDSU has always allowed their facilities to be used as a platform by many, mostly conservative, groups. If we are ever to heal this country's divisions, we need to respect each other and each other's opinions...political and otherwise. Also, I suspect that like the rest of the state, the groups the OP mentioned, have a decidedly conservative tilt at NDSU.

We didn't get a day off when Romney lost. I believe they did get a day or two off in 2016. When I worked at the NDSU alumni center, the alumni center hosted a secret fundraiser (the event intentionally used a goofy name) for the abortion clinic in town. 

NDSU is probably more conservative than most universities but let's not pretend it is some bastion of conservatism.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

trust me...most people know what BLM means=donation to Biden who authored the 1994 crime bill...maybe Matt should point that out to some of those guys in the video and then maybe have them meet Alice Johnson. just a thought

If you think every player who knelt at the NDSU game on Saturday fully understand the political history and implications with kneeling during the national anthem and silently protesting, than you are giving 18-22 year old football players way too much credit. If given the opportunity to support my Bison brothers back in the day in a way that would have made them feel like I see them as equals, I would have done it in a heart beat and I hope that the rest of my teammates would have done the same. Those kids have been through some serious things together and likely had some pretty intense conversation revolving around these issues in the last 7 months. I'm glad that they are supporting each other through it.